fan shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan shroud

Is there a place that sells just the fan shroud? The housing around the fans is what I need.

My fans work fine but the plastic clips on the shroud are broken and won't clip onto the back of the radiator shroud anymore so it hangs low and causes my temp to go a little too high.

Is there any diff between a V6 and V8 fan set up? At least with the shroud?

Thanks.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Re: fan shroud

Same shroud, ebay has them but they come with the stock fans for about $130-$150 shipped, I'm in the process of making a Alm. fan shrowd with some newer fans I think there FCD or FDD fans , but they are 12" fans and flow 1600 CFM each and are slim design. I hope it will make some more room too. I did notice my fan shroud has some openings and it not solid like the ones pictured on ebay. I saw on ebay they have just reg. alm. fan shrouds but don't know if they will fit. Good luck
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Cool. I found a guy on tech with just the shroud for sale! hah!

At first I tried zip tying it to the radiator shroud and around the frame but when I was done it looked tacky so I decided to do it right and spend some cash.

Where are you getting your aluminum one from? I know you're probably going for space but do you know how much they weigh?
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Making it from a 36" X 36" piece of alm. , the weight should be pretty light.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X