bad mpgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bad mpgs

advanceautoparts sell delphi o2 sensors you just have to order them usually and the plugs too

Comment

so what's the scanner I need to use to tell if my o2s are bad?

Comment

Man I am beginning to question you doing this job since you are asking about scanners. Not trying to be a ****. The scanners are at advance auto and autozone or actually most autoparts stores. It will scan and read your codes. Depending on how many miles are on your car I would probably just go ahead and change them

Comment

Do you have a service engine soon light? If so, that would be the best place to start. Go to autzone or w.e. and they will scan your car for free, tell you your codes and them clear thm. Go get the codes and come back on here and let us know.

Comment

no i don't have a code..that's why i was asking about the scanner..someone said borrow a scanner to read your o2s..i didn't know what that meant..i know how to use the code scanners but i don't have a code.

Comment

autolite platinum are good plugs. can get them from walmart for $16 for all 6. NGK is a good plug but never noticed any improvement over autolite. can get BWD (borg warner) o2 sensors at oreillys pretty reasonable. i replaced my front 2 sensors about 80k ago and still doing their job. msd are good wires but taylors will do the job, too. can get them from thunderracing for just over $40. all these things would prolly improve your MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
                no i don't have a code..that's why i was asking about the scanner..someone said borrow a scanner to read your o2s..i didn't know what that meant..i know how to use the code scanners but i don't have a code.
                I would still go to autzone and get it scanned. I kno after a certain amount of cycles...it will go off

Comment

3.4 or 3.8? The timing chain streched to far on my 3.4 and caused a drop in mpg. Bad. New timing chain annd picked my 10mpg back up.

Comment

3.8. i just bought some platinum ngk plugs from autozone today..someone was using the scanner so i didn't wanna wait so i'll go back thursday.

Comment

3.8. i just bought some platinum ngk plugs from autozone today..someone was using the scanner so i didn't wanna wait so i'll go back thursday.
                      copper would have been fine... but I would have gotten new plug wires as well.

Comment

I believe plat. plugs will last longer , but copper plugs will conduct better spark. I think I read that somewhere. Plus the cost difference per. plug is the greatest difference.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 03-02-2010, 09:44 PM.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i paid 2.99 per plug. wasn't a whole lot. & i bought duralast plug wires..lifetime warranty too. 19.99. Wasn't too bad in my opinion. forgot to get the socket to take them out though. have to go back later in the week.

Comment

A code READER is different from a scanner. Code readers pull any DTC's from the PCM and tell you why the SES light is on.

A scanner on the other hand will give live readouts for the information that all of your sensors are seeing, including the O2's.

Scanners are more expensive and the guys at autozone or advance don't use them and most wouldn't even know how. They do however sell them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X