Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn

Okay I let this guy change out my ignition lock cylinder and now my horn doesnt work. I have court Friday and he cant get to it til nex tuesday and im thinkin about takin the horn off and hookin it back up, but the thing is I dunno what im looking for. Once I take the horn off and what am I looking for to hook back up and get my horn working again for inspection?

Re: Horn

I'd start with checking the fuse for the horn.

Comment

The fuse is fine I think ima just take the horn off of the wheel and see if I can find out what he didnt hook back up. Im woundering what exactly behind the wheel it is that Id be needing to hook back up... Anybody got a pic?

Comment

First of all, what? Seriously, what did you just say? Secondly, why would you take the horn off, I doubt it's the problem since it's located in the front bumper cover. I think you mean the horn switch, which is the airbag cover. However, the mechanic screwed something up in the column. I'd wait to have him fix it, as they are quite complex, and you seem to not really have a clue what you're talking about. What's the rush?
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Sound like he needs the horn to work for inspection... In my car, the connection for the horn switches were soldered in behind the airbag... so unless your guy actually cut the wires or broke both solders (if either one is still hooked up it'll work on that side) then your problem most likely isn't in the steering wheel...

Your car may be different, but in my car, the wires coming from the horn switches are red and brown... try looking at the base of the steering column for any plugs that are disconnected, or wait until next Tuesday...
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I had to replace my horn wires before behind the air bag , if he took off the air bag to get to the ing. then he might have put the horn wiring in wrong. Theres a spring attached to the wiring that has to go into a hole down in the steering column. If it isn't in all the way or the 2 sides of the horn are not correctly postion it won't work right, also there is a ground for them also that attaches to the steering wheel behind the air bag. The 2 horns are basicly under the Batt. and radiator resivor on the passenger side. The are 2 horns with each its own plug in. If this helps any, good luck.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X