Cam headers and intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam headers and intake

Hey im new i want to put a cam headers and intake on my car. What brands do you recommend?:burn:

Re: Cam headers and intake

i prefer comp cams for every engine

cant really do much with the intake, the stock one flows fairly well with the silencer removed, but you can try and find a new lid for it, but they are getting harder and harder to get

Comment

as far as headers, pacesetters are pretty renound for the 6ers

Comment

vs and gt cams from zzperformance are pretty nice. VS cam doesnt really need any tuning to run, and its not really that agressive.
        If your car is a 95-97 id just pick up one of those intakes off of ebay, cause its easy and the stock one is restrictive as balls. when it really comes down to it all of the intakes are the same except for the lids and ram air. If you have the earlier year anything is better than stock.
        Last edited by Watazz; 02-22-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

depends on your power and track goals what cam you go with and such. We need more info before just telling you what cam to go with. If you plan on FI then we can't suggest a NA cam
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Well based on ur screen name im guessing you have an 02 Camaro? I would say pacesetter coated headers, K&N CAI, and as for cam we need more info
            Just a v6 with a few mods, no big plans :bs:

sigpic

Comment

Ya i have an 02 camaro and about the cam the car is a daily driver and i dont plan on going to the track every weekend. i just want it to sound like a v8 sitting idle

Comment

and do you have hptuners to tune a cam? What kind of power do you want?

No matter what you do, it will not sound like a v8 at idle unless you do the !v6 mod

Comment

most will say get a v8 then but if you are handy with a computer and a tool set then id say just got for a moderate cam cause you will get more power for about the same money in the end

Comment

A friend of mine and my dad has one and we tuned his GTO with it. and i just want more than 270 (gf has a g35 and gives me crap about the camaro all the time)

Comment

more than 270rwhp? If so then you are gonna need FI or nitrous. These cars dyno 150-175 stock

Comment

then u gunna need a at least moderate cam with head work and other supporting mods as far as brand there arent that many to choose from comp has good cams but nothing special best places to find what u want are intenseracing.com and zzperformance.com

Comment

oh and a g35 is not fast with a cam and other things you will take it with ease

Comment

Abbott cam and heads. With all supporting mods. A little research and you can find all the info on everything you need for cam swap, springs, retainers, double roller timing chain, push rods, etc.

If you got the money to do all this, i would just plan on going FI. Build a turbo kit, and get cam and heads along with that. You can put down 270 with turbo, cam, heads no problem.

Comment

I already have Pacesetters for my V6. For cams you should go with a Comp setup. Abbott makes some good stuff. Just do a little research :D.
                              Leonard
                              www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X