Security Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Light

Came on while I was driving. When I turned the car off and tried starting it...nothing happened but the security light. It turned on and stood on for about 5min. Light turned off and the car started w/o a problem. This is about the 5th time it happened. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was a bad/damaged key which is total [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] because I switched keyes earlier in the week. This means war. :mad:

possibly a bad sensor in the steering colum that reads the chip on the key? id take it in to the dealer and ***** at them personally...
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

ive had the same problem recently. About 2 months ago security light would randomly go off, during driving, parking etc.. Sometimes i would not be able to start my car. This problem is pretty commong with firebirds...

do a search for "security light" and ull get few answers... on the problem..

somehow, recently it stoped going off.. ..i dont know...
      its definitly not the problem with pass II system, thats what they want u to believe at dealership..

more likely its a damaged security wire in the steering weel column.
      97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing. The security light randomly comes on and goes off. No problems starting the car...yet.
        <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

whenever i steal cars that stupid light comes on and i've yet to figure out how to get it to go off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X