AHH my car is driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHH my car is driving me nuts

Ok so I was leaking coolant near my timing chain. Fixed it and put coolant. The car ran fine for a month and didn't leak coolant. Now I am losing coolant again and I don't know from where. SOMETIMES when I start my car has difficulty starting and it sounds like V8 but shortly after it idles normal. Today I was driving and I was at a light and I could see smoke coming from under my engine . I popped the hood and the smoke was coming from the passenger side of the engine bay.

My car is a 00 and the only mod is aftermarket exhaust . Any help is appreciated . I just want my car to run right

Re: AHH my car is driving me nuts

inTAKE LEAK. whats happening is.

IF YOU CANT see any coolent on the ground and its not in the oil (hope to god its not) then its leaking into your intake and then mixing with your fuel (hence the v8 rough running issue) and it will smoke.

Comment

could be a head gasket if you are still losing coolant. Check the oil for that milk sh*t. I had a similar problem with the smoking. It ended up being the coolant line for the trans. Just wasnt put in right, in that case you will have to look for the leak on the passengers side of the radiator where the line hooks up. At any rate keep your eye on that temp guage.

Comment

Originally posted by thedetailman View Post
        inTAKE LEAK. whats happening is.

IF YOU CANT see any coolent on the ground and its not in the oil (hope to god its not) then its leaking into your intake and then mixing with your fuel (hence the v8 rough running issue) and it will smoke.
        Yeah I did search and I read about that . I just wanted confirmation:mad:

*sigh* I check my oil and it is still gold color.

How do I fix this intake leak. Also what could have caused the smoke I saw ?

Comment

Here's an idea... Get it pressure tested so you can actually find the leak and not guess where it is leaking from...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysan View Post
            what could have caused the smoke I saw ?
            I would take a look at the valve cover on the pass side, and see if it is leaking onto the exhaust manifold.

Comment

Ok I will do a pressure test and check my valve covers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X