Looking at MSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at MSD

I'm thinking of adding a MSD igition set to my 2000 3.8L.

How many people have this on their cars? I know nothing about igition stuff...how are is it to do?

i've read other postings about having screwed up wires, so it makes me a little nervous.

can anybody shed some light on the subject?

Re: Looking at MSD

are you talking about getting msd coils?

Comment

yeah stop looking....stock stuff works fine. havent had any luck with my msd stuff
      sigpic

Comment

run stock coils, and then msd wires and pick up some plugs and your ignition is all set
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          run stock coils, and then msd wires and pick up some plugs and your ignition is all set
          Agreed. 100%. Stock coils, a good set of wires, NGK Plugs, and you will be all set.

As for "screwing up the wires" as mentioned in the original post, just replace one at a time and you will be just fine.

Comment

Just replace wires one at a time. Even stock wires from autozone would be fine. I would go with stock coils too. Then NGK or AC delco plugs

Comment

i use mds coils and wires and ngk plugs never had any trouble in the 3 years i have used them. I also use the wires on my twin turbo 3000gt
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Many better 'bang for the buck' mods out there.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I had my MSD 8.5mm wires for almost 9 years(still look good) use boot protectors and always run NGK spark plugs. I always found my wires cheap , people selling wrong styles so I would pick up a set for brand new for $40 and NGK plugs are $2 each so you can't beat that. I upgraded to ZZP wires 10.3mm and they are alittle expensive but look outstanding and work very well.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thanks for all the great info guys.

i just thought a MSD set-up would be nice, but it doesn't sound like it's that beneficial. i've got new plugs and wires, and of course still running the stock coils. i guess i'll leave them as-is.

thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X