Need some more ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some more ideas...

The problem I'm having is when the car takes off slowly, like from a stop, it bogs down almost like it wants to stall and when cruising less than 50 it seems to be missing. I've replaced the plugs and wires and just upgraded all three coils but that didn't seem to do the trick. The fuel pump was also replaced a few months ago.
    Through searching here it seems, it could be MAF, O2's, something ignition related or fuel pump. Since the last two have been replaced any suggestions before I start throwing money around? BTW, the car is a 2000 auto.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: Need some more ideas...

could be the cat if it always does it
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

After driving a few minutes, look under the car to see if the CAT is glowing red at all...

Open EGR? Just a quick guess, but its easy to check.

No codes? Checked fuel pressure?
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Wow could it be the EGR? I know it's bad could that be causing the issues. Last scan was showing an open error as well as a close error. The cat was replaced a little over a year ago. I'll check the cat when I get home from work after driving it to see if it's glowing. The EGR I was trying to hold off on till I got HP tuners to delete it out however worst case I can get a new or used one to fix it.

I know there's a sim for the rear o2 is there a sim for the egr?

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc View Post
          I know there's a sim for the rear o2 is there a sim for the egr?
          yes there is...
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Thanks, I found it but ZZP is not making them any longer or is just out of stock. Not to mention I'm not paying $150 for something that shouldn't be more than a few transistors in a box. I ordered the block off plates for now and will research what may be required to simulate the simulator.

Comment

Try cleaning the EGR itself, the valve and the pipes. SeaFoam DeepCreep will do wonders.

If the pipes are clogged, use a wire hanger. GL

This cant hurt, at least a fix for now until you do the delete. And you can at least see if it may fix your problem. Its cheap try and I did this on my Bird for over a year.
              Last edited by nimrod.sixty9; 02-09-2010, 02:21 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I actually took it off and cleaned it, I thought, pretty thoroughly about two months ago. I just never realized that a clogged or bad egr could cause these types of problems. I'll block it off for now, then save up for HP tuners and deal with the engine light for now. Stupid emissions crap, it's a racket lol. thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

Had this same problem. Turned out my cat was plugged, so I cut it out and welded a piece of straight pipe in its place.
                  3M MAFIA
                  ________
                  | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                  Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm clogged cat pushing exhaust through the EGR system? a guess again
                    sigpic

Comment

IDK, I guess it could be the cat but I just had it replaced about 14 months ago. For now I just ordered block off plates for the egr so I'm gonna try that first. I don't have the tools to do the cat myself or the money to pay someone right now.

Comment

My misfire was caused by a bad FPR, have you checked fuel pressure?

Comment

That I have not. First things first. I'll take care of EGR this weekend, fuel filter and FPR after that and then cat or rather cat delete.

Comment

Did you ever get a chance to check under the car?

Heres a scenario ive got going in my head: Egr is bad, causes O2 to read wrong, which causes wrong A/F, which causes clogged CAT. Or minus bad CAT... Again, Im no pro, just throwing some ideas out there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X