Need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice.

So I have everything paid for, for my cam swap as some of you know, I just need a wideband. I've been looking at random things on ebay and found these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-CA...item1c0d485a8c I really want them should I just spend the rest of my tax return (I have enough to buy these rims) on these rims and keep searcing for a good wideband with a good price or should I just wait on rims and get the wideband? I dont know, the rims are so tempting haha.
    Last edited by SixShooter'00Camaro; 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Need some advice.

is that price for all 4 rims?

Are you going to install the cam and tune the car yourself? If I'm in your position I would finish up the cam and make it run GOOD, get the wideband and tuned then worry about the rims.

no point putting rims on a car that won't start.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

gotta second koa on this one bro...

get that cam installed, tuned, and running like you need then worry about looking good.

besides, dont forget you'll wanna get some nice rubber to wrap around those rims, and with tires you get what you pay for.

save up and get the wideband or you'll be looking at a car that wont run and has rims with no tires lol. good luck mang.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Ya thats all 4 rims. Good point guys. Yes true im doing the swap myself with help from the old man, haha hes a big gearhead which is where I get it from lol.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

I would skip the rims. Also those rims are 17x8.5 I think. You should look at 17x9.5's.

Comment

^couldn't agree more.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

weird if you look at the pictures you can c that thier 2 different sizes some are 17 and some are 18 and none of them look like thier only 8.5. If you look at the last picture one of the wheels has a deep lip and the one next to it does not. so basicaly your not getting what your looking at. 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 rims in the pictures

Comment

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Camaro-Wh...01771-3-1.html

Get the wideband first.

Anyone have a link for a good wideband though?

Comment

My PLX is nice but, I would look on HP tuners' forum to see what the majority use over there. I couldn't tell ya off the top of my head. Those guys however, would definitely know what would be comparably the best widebands.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I think PLX is very good mine is 8 years old still on same wideband sensor and everything , no problems at all. Knock on wood. It was very accurate on the dyno too, when I had my car dynoed about 8 times. about .1-.2 off from theirs but like the guy said yours is further upstream before the CAT and ours is in 1 tail pipe, so he said the PLX was great.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X