coil pack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil pack question

i recently changed my plugs and wires so now i want to change the coil pack..i was wondering which one is better?

1. Jegs for $33

2. Borg Warner from Pepboys for $34

let me know
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

to be honost, theres really no better or worse one, the jegs is probably made by accel, with the jegs name on it.

no idea about the borg.. i didnt even know they made ignition stuff.

Out of those 2, i would get the jegs one, because i have seen alot of their stuff in their mag, and it seems like good stuff.

Comment

You can get coil packs from any number of sponsor sites. I got MSD packs just in case I wanted to eventually do the rest as MSD as well. Same price as the others.

Comment

^^^^yeah...i heard good things about MSD ...i saw the cheapest on summit i believe ....they want $41...i think it's worth it..that's what i will get..thanks for your input guys...btw can i buy it cheap anywhere else? Model no MSD-8224
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Borg Warner here. i have tryed to others, i cant tell any diffrnece.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Check some of the site sponsors, they sometimes have better deals than bigger stores like Summit or Jegs.

Comment

Where and how can i find these sponsors?
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala:
                i recently changed my plugs and wires so now i want to change the coil pack..i was wondering which one is better?

1. Jegs for $33

2. Borg Warner from Pepboys for $34

let me know
                i run the cheap one's that are like $20
                1 year warrenty...... i jsut swap them out after a year or if they look bad
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i got one last question for you guys, if someone puts the coil pack end to the spark plug and spark plug end to the coil pack end, will my car misfire? because i was trowing code p0305 yesterday and changed my coilpack for no.5 cylinder and my car still strugling, hasitating and vibrating on idle...
                  btw, viper, this picture for 3.4 or 3.8 engine 3.4 or 3.8 .
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala:
                    i got one last question for you guys, if someone puts the coil pack end to the spark plug and spark plug end to the coil pack end, will my car misfire? because i was trowing code p0305 yesterday and changed my coilpack for no.5 cylinder and my car still strugling, hasitating and vibrating on idle...
                    btw, viper, this picture for 3.4 or 3.8 engine 3.4 or 3.8 .
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Kala, I have the MSD Dis4 module w/ MSD Coil Packs, and MSD 8.5 wires, ngk plugs. And with that setup I gained 12hp and about 4mpg better fuel economy in my 98 3.8. Very impressed with MSD ;)
                      ~GenX Performance~

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSixGun98:
                        Kala, I have the MSD Dis4 module w/ MSD Coil Packs, and MSD 8.5 wires, ngk plugs. And with that setup I gained 12hp and about 4mpg better fuel economy in my 98 3.8. Very impressed with MSD ;)
                        [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] no way you gained 12 HP..... i want dyno proof
                        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SilverSixGun98:
                          [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] no way you gained 12 HP..... i want dyno proof </font>[/QUOTE]X2.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

x2?
                            MY RECORD LABEL @ <a href=\"http://www.lostartproduction.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lostartproduction.com</a><br />MY BAND @ <a href=\"http://www.myspace.com/jonnybassman\" target=\"_blank\">www.myspace.com/jonnybassman</a><br />1994 3.4L MARO<br />K&N, custom chrome, extended piping<br />Flowmaster 80(CatBack)<br />Bilstein shocks (F49)<br />32mm 1LE front<br />Granatelli Tubular LCAs<br />walbro 255

Comment

x2 means he wants proof too.lol
                              I do need to ask silversixgun98 a few questions about it. I emailed him, I hope he gets it.
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X