got the car up on jackstands in the garage - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got the car up on jackstands in the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the car up on jackstands in the garage

doing a little maintenance. I changed the oil filter, fuel filter, and manual trans. fluid. Also checked diff fluid level. I was only able to get 2.75 quarts of atf out of the trans. and I let it drain for over an hour. The capacity is supposed to be 3.4 quarts. I guess to get it all, I'd have to pull the driveshaft. Anyway, anything else I should do to her while I have her up in the air? :D
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Re: got the car up on jackstands in the garage

was looking around and noticed bump stops are rotted out too. think I could find some at the auto parts store? I guess I'll go look around.
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

auto stores will have the universal bump stops from energy suspension that need some modification to work with our cars. Not a simple bolt in setup.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

My car was up on jackstands today too! Swapped out my driveshaft with an aluminum one.

To get all the fluid out of the transmission, you'd have to pull the tranny and put it on its end.:naughty:

Comment

Go to GM parts direct and get them. They were I believe $40 shipped to me. Order the ones for a z28 also. Can't remeber the aprt number or I would give it to you.

Comment

check your sway bar bushings

Comment

cool thanks guys! I'll look on gmpartsdirect for the bump stops. Also, I have actually replaced my front sway bar bushings a couple years ago. Should I take them off and clean and grease them?

another question. I have 17 x8.5" chrome y2k rims on my car. They are getting to be pretty bad, all of the chrome is coming off. The tires on them are 7 years old and have about 45,000 miles on them. They are getting close to needing replaced. I can't see spending money to put new tires on these rims. I still have my factory snowflakes and they are in mint condition. Should I buy new tires for them and put the snowflakes back on or what? I dont have the money to buy new wheels right now. What would you all do?
              2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Jackstands eh?

Comment

i'm having a hard time finding those bump stops. I found them on gmpartsdirect for 60 shipped but i've read that once you order them they go on backorder cause they're not available anymore. I've also read the ES poly ones are too harsh. I guess i could try to order the oem ones and see if they have them. You wuold think someone would make oe ones.
                  2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

If you go back to your 16" rims I wouldnt even worry about the bump stops.

Good time to paint or powdercoat the y2ks to a color of your liking.

Comment

there is also transmission fluid in the cooler lines and in the torque converter. thats where the rest is.
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                        there is also transmission fluid in the cooler lines and in the torque converter. thats where the rest is.
                        His car is a manual.

Comment

You did fine. You will never get all of the fluid out without taking it apart.

Comment

Well I just ordered those bump stops from gm. 59.09 shipped. We'll see if I actually get them! lol
                            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                              manuals dont have a torque converter, nor a cooler, all of the fluid is in the transmission, but since the drain is not at the bottom of the transmission you cant get all of it out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X