'01 Fuel pump replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 Fuel pump replacement

My 2001 Camaro has a fuel pump that is going bad. I was reading the manual and it says that you have to drop the rear end and the fuel tank! Is there an easier way, does anyone have any secrets? I know some cars have a little hatch to get at the pump/sender. How hard is it to drop the rear end and tank? Any assistance would be appreciated.

You can cut an access hole in the rear hatch area. Much easier than going through the trouble of doing it the "right" way.

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=1;t=014350
    http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/Fuel-Pump.htm

There's some really good info on it in the General section. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

it's not that hard to drop the rear end. just do it the right way. it will save you problems in the long run
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I replaced my fuel pump about a week ago I was gonna let the dealer do it but they wanted $700 SO Me and my dad did it, it Was such a PITA we have to take the exhust off, heat sheild and, drop the rear end the hardest thing to do is get the tank out good luck on that if i had to do it again i whould probley juss cut a panel from inside my hatch so if it ever went out again then it whould be easy to change.
        98camaro

Comment

Rear access panel is real easy to do and saves alot of time. I would suggest it to everyone.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

W body cars (buick, gran prix, etc.) come with an access panely in the trunk. GM just forgot to give us one. Yep, just cut the whole. The guide on my site shows the differences between where to cut the hole on the newer f body rather than the '1998' style tank.
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
              Low Voltage
              by Vladimir Gecko
              I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
              3 hours ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              6 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X