Re: car idiling bad.. misfire?

You should test the TPS with a multimeter
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
      You should test the TPS with a multimeter
      i can, what readings should i be getting?

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        i can, what readings should i be getting?
        Im at work so itll take me a few to look in the FSM. Maybe someone will time in in the mean time.
        sigpic

Comment

Im at work so itll take me a few to look in the FSM. Maybe someone will time in in the mean time.
          thanks dude, take your time, i wont be home till tomorrow, and there is no way im going outside now, its freezing out here

Comment

Damn I cant belive I forgot about this! Shight Ill get you the info the second I get home!
            sigpic

Comment

My 00 V6 rattled so badly you could hear it from outside the car. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they looked at it and said the cats on many of the Camaros were bad and needed to be replaced. Since mine was less than 80k miles, they had to replace it under warranty, even though the bumper to bumper had expired. Had a buddy with a Z28 and the same thing happened to him. Same situation, same cat replacement under warranty. Might not be a bad idea to have the dealer check it but 140k is definitely out of warranty. ;)
              2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Damn I cant belive I forgot about this! Shight Ill get you the info the second I get home!
                haha, thanks, i forgot about it too, the problem just randomly went away

it came back last week though, but only for about a minute and went away

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                  My 00 V6 rattled so badly you could hear it from outside the car. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they looked at it and said the cats on many of the Camaros were bad and needed to be replaced. Since mine was less than 80k miles, they had to replace it under warranty, even though the bumper to bumper had expired. Had a buddy with a Z28 and the same thing happened to him. Same situation, same cat replacement under warranty. Might not be a bad idea to have the dealer check it but 140k is definitely out of warranty. ;)
                  yeah, i do know if i hit m cat with a hammer i can hear things inside of there, but im still not sure where the vibrating noise is coming from, either the cat or the downpipe

im thinking about drilling a few holes in the downpipe and filling them up with some weld to see if it stops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X