eletrical problems/ cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eletrical problems/ cooling

Please bare with me on this one. So I have had a problem with high temp while driving my car. The temp gets real high and then drops pretty fast after it gets to around 260. My fan kicks on when I run my heater/AC. My cooling system is holding pressure. My guess is my thermostat might be sticking. So my question is after I replace my thermostat w/ a 160/165 degree thermostat, and possibly a manual fan switch( I need help on that also) is there anything else I can check out?

And about my eletrical system. Does it control my fan? I think I have a drain from somewere, my windows are real slow rolling up and I get real bad radio signals sometimes. Any relation to my whole problem? Thanks for the help guys.
    \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Check your coolant level, make sure there is no air in the system.
    And the factory gauge is pretty bad to begin with ... you might install an aftermarket gauge (Autometer if you want looks, anthing else to save 60-80%) ... Can't go wrong with a 160* thermo and a fan switch (both total under $20)
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

turn on your heater while your driving if it randomly gets cold, should be your water pump
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Thanks for the help. The water pump was just replaced from the shop I bought it at. WIthin a month or so ago. My coolant was low but I topped that off. And it still runs hot. I run the heater to cool it down but with summer comming up and all. You know how nice UTAH is right now. SO I dont want to have to rock the heater...
        \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Comment

Did your problems only start after the new pump was installed? Or was it an issue before?

Comment

Before I was running REAL hot. Like redline. They replaced the waterpump and they said they flushed my coolant.

Comment

Before I was running REAL hot. Like redline. They replaced the waterpump and they said they flushed my coolant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X