Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Work...but on what??

Hey all,

Getting ready for the winter month's with my 97 Camaro. I know, I know I feel bad driving her through the salt, but I don't have much of a choice. I'm getting ready to do her oil change, brakes, rotors, and other various things that need to be fixed up.

I've been noticing a sort of growling noise coming from the engine bay, and at first I dismissed it as the backing plates, because I knew they were in bad shape. But now I think it may be a bad water pump possibly. It's not throwing any engine codes, but it's concerning me a bit. It doesn't always make the noise. Wondering what else it could be, and how to find out what it is for sure. Theres also a large amount of whine coming from the power steering pump I'm assuming, but I regularly check the fluid for leaks and to make sure there's enough in there. steering is smooth, no shakes, but it sounds like a supercharger whine when you turn a corner. (no I don't have a supercharger, although I would love a powerdyne ;) ...someday... but anyways, any ideas on her moans and groans?

I also need rotors and brake pads, shoes, and backing plates pretty bad. I've been contemplating ordering some drilled and maybe even slotted rotors from ebay, just because I've found them for about the same price as regular rotors, and I know that they can prolong the life of your pads. Has anybody that uses drilled or slotted rotors noticed a considerable difference? if so, where did you get yours? how much? I also am going to need a new passenger side window motor soon wheres the best place to go to get one? I can put it in myself. and I also am looking for new weather seals for the doors and t-tops since they are in pretty bad shape from normal rubbing and sometimes give me a wet *** now and again. where's a good place to get some new rubbers?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    -Mike

Re: Winter Work...but on what??

i got my brakes and rotors off ebay. i got 4 drilled slottled rotars and 4 sets of pads for around $200. ive had them in there for a little over a year now and there still doing great, i like them, i cant compare them too well to the stock ones cause when i bought the car the breaks were shot, but i did also put front slotted rotors and pads from ebay on my dads vette and it made a difference from stock. I also got my passenger side window motor on ebay for like $12 or $20 the only thing is its really slow, but i don't know if its the motor or the wiring because the drivers one is pretty slow too. for putting it in yea its easy the only hard part for me was riveting/screwing it back on to the regulator. good luck with all of it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X