I have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem

Well today I pulled my car out to wash it, after I washed I figured I'd go for a ride. Hopped in turned the key and nothing happend. Nothing came on not the radio and the door bell didn't even ring when the door was open. So I checked the connections on the battery, they were fine and tight. Got back in the car, now the door rang as opened it and the radio came on. I turned the key it almost started them everything shut off? Got out figited around the battery, got back in the car turned the key and it started up but I had to give it a quick rev when I started it. It was fine after that. That's the first time it's done that. Also sometimes it barely turns over, and I'll have to give it some gas to get the rpms up. Anyone know what this might be. The battery is still good too.
    Thanks
    Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Hmm, I remember once when I had my second wreck, when I got my car back from the shop they had some loose wires somewhere, so whenever I'd turn the key on, sometimes it would come on, and sometimes it wouldn't, and sometimes it'd come on them go off. I'd go jiggle the battery wires, and it'd work fine. Dunno what the specific problem was though, cause I took it back to the dealer and made them fix it.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Check your battery cables might be time for some new ones.
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Check the cable connections on the starter. For safety, first disconnect the battery on top. Then, under the car, find the starter connections. Wiggle the cables to make sure they are not turning on the connection to the starter.

Next there is a bare, flat, braided wire that runs from the engine to the body. Make sure that connection is tight.
        Dr Todd

Comment

Happened to me check the wire terminals above the battery where they all meet make sure it's tight there to even though they might be tight take the battery connection loose as well and clean them
          My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X