Question about power gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about power gains?

This is for power gains in general but i will use exhaust as an example. Ok i got pacesetter headers and tsp rumbler. I have read where the loudmouth gives like a 15-20 horsepower gain and the headers like a 20-25, or this is what the websites say. So why dont peoples dynos show the power gains? Just wondering about all of this.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

they do, but that 15-20 is at the engine, which will be like 10-15 at the wheels if not a little less. and headers are NOT 20-25, probably about 10.

and remember, you cant just add the numbers together. when the companies get those number, they are from a stock car. if you open up the stock manifolds and put headers on, you will see a big gain, but then after that the gains slow. so if you did exhaust first, you would see about 15-20, then if the headers said they provided 10hp, you might see 6-7 because you already have the exhaust. get it?

Comment

So basically everything adds on each other. I have slp intake and spacer so wouldnt that give the exhaust a little more gain? When i get my cam will that give the exhaust more of a gain too? I thought headers were more than 10 horsepower at the engine i was thinking atleast 15. Thanks for the help.
      1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

Yes everything adds up and yes the intake will help cram more air into the motor. The cam will also improve power made by the headers. Engine hp doesn't matter, its rwhp that makes the diffence.
        2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

hey will, i see the name of your spacer but where did you get it?
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter:
            Yes everything adds up and yes the intake will help cram more air into the motor. The cam will also improve power made by the headers. Engine hp doesn't matter, its rwhp that makes the diffence.
            Engine hp doesn't matter? lol Where you do think rwhp comes from ;)
            00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Yea, headers don't add that much hp. 10-15 max. But for the hp these engines put out, that is a good gain for the money.
              95 convertible 3.8 series II

Comment

The site where i got my spacer is no longer there. Basically it was a site that gave you a step by step plan on making your v6 faster. That was their recommended spacer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X