Time to turbo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to turbo!!!

Well I finally got my turbo, it's a T3/T4. I'm now looking to see if UR50SLO or anyone else can fab me up a set of turbo manifolds. I'm slowly starting to get the rest of the needed parts, but the manifold I want to get first.

Re: Time to turbo!!!

Whats the rest of the specs on the turbo?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ur50slo can fab you up a nice set, just by looking at his work. Also, very good price. I suggest talking with him to see what he has to offer as in a full kit, seeing as he would be able to help you to spend oyur money int he right places
      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

:banana: oh yea, its turbo time... what are you hoping to put down for hp?

Comment

Thanks guys... ;)

I'm seriously thinking about making a complete set and then having a contact I just found be able to make a jig and dupicate them so all the sets are the same and have a set price that will hopefully be afforable for almost anyone.
          The goal is to have one set for A/C or non A/C.

I really need to know the market for this since it's not a quick thing to make one set at a time or cheap to sub-contract a complete exhaust side kit with out having a steady line of people ready to help me re-coupe what it would take to have all that produced.

I don't mind doing them one at a time... It's better if I have the car here and know everything fits and works together since there's alot of variables to every car.

So far the first set has held up fansastic and performed very well. I've got a second car here that is just waiting on a exhaust housing and it'll be finished quickly. He's had ALOT of problems with this turbo company. I've had the headers done for almost 2months. Coated.. done on the car! Then they sent the turbo with the wrong exhaust housing. Grrrrr.
          Anyhow, If there's enough intrest in this I can persue the production route.
          I did contact Champion Racing heads. They are looking into making heads for the 3.8L Series 2 engines soon. They are finishing a 3.8L block (Older style) like my GN stuff. They already have this block done. And a adaptor for making it work with your bellhousing or FWD cars. NEAT!
          I think you guys will appreciate a good set of allum. heads over changing blocks. So... send requests to Champion and maby it'll put some more intrest into making the Series 2 Heads a priority!!!!
          ~Scott

Comment

You quoted me 60$ for the unmodified set. So how much extra will you charge to fab up the set.

Comment

Id be interested in a kit for sure.

Comment

I'd love to have different piping for my turbo, this FFF kit I has looks like poop. And if they were front facing headers hey, that's even better.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

The specs aon my turbo are as follows:
                  .63 trim
                  .50 A/R
                  Standard T3 flange
                  I really need to get these manifolds the ones that UR50SLO make are really cool and were my first choice. but the forward facing headder type I've seen would work too. I want to get the manifolds first before I get too much, without the manifolds the rest is moot. If I can't get this I might sell the turbo and work on getting a s/c.

Comment

keep us posted, that way i know what i should do.

Comment

FatCat...: I've got the guy's number you can contact to order a set of GTP manifolds.
                      All he does is the GTP/Grandprix/FWD 3800 Series 2 cars. TONS of parts. Great guy in Ohio.
                      The drivers side (cast iron) takes very little to modify. It's the merge pipe and pass. side header that take the fabrication.
                      I think I'll have both sides tubular if there is enough interest and the contact I have for making and producing exact fit sets is with in a good price range.
                      He has Stainless or Mild steel. I'd stick with 1 1/2 primarys to 2 1/4 piping to the flange.
                      3bolt or 4bolt that would be up to the buyer's request.
                      There's still alot of fabrication after that with IC piping,oil feed/return and programming.
                      I think the overall result is amazing.
                      Going from 16.5's to 13.30's@103mph on stock engine/trans/rear end on radials is a big change.
                      I just had a LS1 car here for some tuning last week and his car with a few bolt on's and radials was mid 13's. Matching that with a stock 3.8L with not a thing on the engine changed but the way the air flows through it is sweet.
                      I love the way a turbo performs on almost any vehicle. That's why I'm doing this and keeps me interested. I guess that's why everything I own is turbocharged also. Lol.
                      ~Scott

Comment

^^When you fab up the manifolds, do you have to delete the A/C?

How much for just the manifolds and Y pipe? (No IC pipes, I would just need the hotside stuff)
                        Last edited by Shodown; 06-09-2008, 08:34 AM.
                        sigpic
                        1997 Camaro RS A4
                        2006 Chevy Colorado
                        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                          ^^When you fab up the manifolds, do you have to delete the A/C?

How much for just the manifolds and Y pipe? (No IC pipes, I would just need the hotside stuff)
                          He can fab them up for either setup. He will tell you that it's a little harder to fab them with AC, but this is what I'm going to opt for
                          Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

I think I still have the guy's number with the manifolds, but what I need is the fab work. I've never done that, so if I can get some already fabbed up that would save me alot of time. Whether both sides are tubular or not is irrelevent just so long as they work.

Comment

Originally posted by fatcat View Post
                              I think I still have the guy's number with the manifolds, but what I need is the fab work. I've never done that, so if I can get some already fabbed up that would save me alot of time. Whether both sides are tubular or not is irrelevent just so long as they work.
                              not really, you want to get it done right the first time. You''ll get more tq/hp/ more efficient vehicle with tubulars. Just remember, save money in the long run and get it done correctly the first time ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X