Rockers with a Cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockers with a Cam?

As some of you know I'm doing a turbo setup so I was wondering.. Along with a new turbo Cam should I look into rockers or would it even make a difference? Any advice or opinions on which cam to buy would be awesome too. Oh and the car needs some streetability since I have no trailer to pull it to the track on. I've just recently recieved funds for my project so I want to start buying parts. Heh i'm scared of buying something then regretting it.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Rockers with a Cam?

I ran a stage 4 stattama turbo cam and 1.7 comp cams pro mag rockers. It was a damn good setup, loped very very nicely and made gobs of power with the turbo.

Comment

as far as i understand, dan, did not have a good amount of luck with the pro mag on fitment and what not. make sure you do your homework before actually getting into this kind of stuff. i just recently started and im ADDICTED not to mention broke for brief periods in between paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
        I ran a stage 4 stattama turbo cam and 1.7 comp cams pro mag rockers. It was a damn good setup, loped very very nicely and made gobs of power with the turbo.

If i recall, you BARELLY got your car to run and in the end...didnt even really get to drive it before it got parted out...

Shoot Linx or Turbov6camaro a PM with your question...they will tell you exactly what you need.
        Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
          as far as i understand, dan, did not have a good amount of luck with the pro mag on fitment and what not. make sure you do your homework before actually getting into this kind of stuff. i just recently started and im ADDICTED not to mention broke for brief periods in between paychecks.
          I know, I've already bought another car just for the track and a turbo about 8 ft away from me. Theres just things here and there I've yet to hammer out. I know everything that I'm gonna have done just not the specific numbers.

And thanks for the direction Kidcamaro.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Kidcamaro98
            If i recall, you BARELLY got your car to run and in the end...didnt even really get to drive it before it got parted out...

Shoot Linx or Turbov6camaro a PM with your question...they will tell you exactly what you need.
            not the case, car ran, was fully functional. Block was cracked and cause coolant and oil to mix.

not to mention i ran a stattama stage 3 cam and 1.7's for over 3,500 miles.

Comment

as far as the pro mags go, they are a good poduct, you just need to express extreme care in torquing them down and checking clearence on your heads.

Comment

I run 1.7's on top of my IS4 cam

Comment

Originally posted by Highhp
                  I run 1.7's on top of my IS4 cam
                  I would go all out and change everything in my engine but I don't want to start changing cylinder heads just yet. If need be I will but not towards performance just yet. I'd need a raise at work, a trailer to pull my car and a truck to pull my trailer. Till then I think I'll start with an IS2 cam and 1.7 rockers to be safe. At least on the Intense website it says it wouldn't be safe for the cylinders with a larger cam. In reality, I wouldn't know. Any quick advice for a timing chain?
                  Last edited by Blizzard242; 01-30-2008, 04:32 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

double, rollmaster

Comment

Thank you, guys. I really appreciate the help.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X