NEED HELP! Idler pulley Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP! Idler pulley Issue!

So I have a 1995 Buick Riviera GS w/ the Series one L67 Supercharged engine....

I just bought it a week ago for $750 from my mom. They never have had much problem with it. Well I havnt either.... atleast not noticeable. Today the belt started squeeking so I decided to take a look and see what the problem was.

I opened the hood and looked at the belt, it was severely worn out and there were rubber belt shavings. I looked in or further inspection and looked down at the idler pulley. I looked around for a belt diagram, but couldnt find one so I consulted the Owners manual and found a diagram. I found the idler pulley, and read the description. It says that there is a seperate idler and tensioner for the supercharger/AC belt and water pump/power steering belt.

They both seem to meet in the middle on a idler pulley, but then I consulted the internet and found another diagram where it makes it look like two pulleys on one bolt.

I am asking if there are two seperate idler pulleys or not? and if so is there a seperator in the middle. I went to autozone and checkers today, and will end up at the GM dealer tomorrow. The only pulleys I could find is a smooth pulley which is the same as mine and then a grooved pulley and no description on it, they are 3" and 3 1/4" diameters.

If anyone with a series one engine could look down at there idler and get a picture, or if anyone has pictues or diagrams or a idea or part number or anything, I would be very happy! :P

Im talking about the idler pullies.... refer to the green circle.....

I need info on if there is one or two idler pullies right there, and how it all works on there....

Re: NEED HELP! Idler pulley Issue!

their has to be two idler pullies...

Comment

ok look, i followed the path of each belt...

ok, the crank is spinning one way, correct? ok soo....start at the crank and run the belt the way they show, now make arrows along each belt showing the direction (both will go the way the crankls spinning, if you look in the pic, the belts hit the idler pully in two diffrent directions, meaning if it was just one pulley they wwould be trying to spin it diffrent directions make sense?

Comment

^ exactly, there is a second pulley, and it has to be grooved... kuz the way it would touch that pulley.... I did find one grooved pulley at checkers today but if I bolted them next to eachother then they would be touching, they shouldnt be touching...

^see that pic

Comment

I went and ordered the parts at the stealership... It turns out they only sold it as an assembly and no parts stores can order it. It came with the bolt a couple washers, two pullies (one ribbed and one smooth) and two spacers, I was missing the ribbed puley and both spacers (somehow?)

thanks for your help 02camaro3800

These cars are too complicated I think ill stick to my 94' Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X