Turbo ???'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo ???'S

Hello everyone the questions I'm going to ask may sound stupid but I really need some help. I have a turbo and getting ready to install it on my '95 Camaro. The only problem is that I need to know where to install the oil lines for the turbo. I want to kick my brothers *** in a drag race so we can prove that his Jaguar XJ6 modified with a Chevy 350 and a Turbo 350 transmission, and he thinks that his XJ6 can beat Camaro with turbo.
    Last edited by insaneABOT; 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM.

Re: Turbo ???'S

Not really familiar with the 3.4's or any other year besides a 98 3.8 lol, but on mine it would go something like this

Oil Supply side of turbo = put a tee where the oil pressure sending unit is, put sender back in and run line from other side of tee to turbo oil supply.

Oil Return side of turbo = put a fitting in the oil pan, either weld it, jb weld it whatever, then run the drain line from that to the turbo oil return make sure its able to gravity drain into the pan.

Comment

I think you should buy twin leaf blowers and slap them on. Turn them on high and blow the piss outa ur bros car. Then you can make fun of him for losing to a couple leaf blowers and a little v6.

JK, Oil supply tees off the sending unit and then return can either tap into the pan or get a stamatta fitting to go where the sensor goes. Personally I have my fitting tapped in the pan
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

u guys know where i can get the oil line tee?

Comment

the hardware store..

Find a thread to match the sender unit. Im not sure what thread it is but search
          SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Will post pictures of my project when I'm almost done with it.

Comment

Where would you find twin leaf blowers?

Comment

At a hardware store. In the gardening section. Maybe even Kmart. Or Meijers.. Tell me how that goes for ya if you decide to twin leaf blow your engine...................................

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                  At a hardware store. In the gardening section. Maybe even Kmart. Or Meijers.. Tell me how that goes for ya if you decide to twin leaf blow your engine...................................
                  if i remeber right there was a video of like a honda with a leafblower for a turbo on youtube... seemed fine for a leafblower but it kept coming apart cause it was help on by ducttape ill see if i can find it

edit: here it is...http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDOA_Aw0q3Y it even races a v6 firebird... they say the leafblower knocked a second off the 1/4 mile...
                  Last edited by t-topV6; 01-27-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I dynoed 247rwhp with a leafblower, +19hp untuned woot
                    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                      I dynoed 247rwhp with a leafblower, +19hp untuned woot
                      haha? you actually put one on there? is it still on... wouldn't it wreck your engine or something?

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                        if i remeber right there was a video of like a honda with a leafblower for a turbo on youtube... seemed fine for a leafblower but it kept coming apart cause it was help on by ducttape ill see if i can find it

edit: here it is...http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDOA_Aw0q3Y it even races a v6 firebird... they say the leafblower knocked a second off the 1/4 mile...
                        That is the most rediculous thing... I'd love to see em blow their engine from it runnin so lean. They should YouTube that. I'd love to have one roll up next to me though with the leaf blower all loud as hell. That would absolutely make my day.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

how much boost do you think a leaf blower would provide for? im guessing it wouldnt be a terrible amount. and they might start leaning out on the top end so shift at 4500 or something. but its possible and proven to be effective, not terribly effective when compared to a turbo or s/c set up, but more poney than a cold air intake!

silly ricers, they should just buy a turbo set up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X