ASP Grooved pully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASP Grooved pully

ASP racing is pretty good on their pricing, when I had my powerdyne I think I bought 4 to 5 pulleys from them. Just make sure you get a steel pulley instead of the ALM. they will tell you the difference between the two.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
      ASP racing is pretty good on their pricing, when I had my powerdyne I think I bought 4 to 5 pulleys from them. Just make sure you get a steel pulley instead of the ALM. they will tell you the difference between the two.
      That's true. Steele pulley seems to work better than aluminum.

Aluminum is cheaper alright but from my past experience I've had alot of slippage problem.

I'm actually using ssms5411, Steve's, pulley still. I haven't experience slippage. I also took this pulley to the machine shop and added a center groove of 1/32" wide and deep. This is to my belief that the air will go into this center groove and create a suction when the pulley is spinning fast and also to prevent belt play; keep it steady on the pulley.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
        That's true. Steele pulley seems to work better than aluminum.

Aluminum is cheaper alright but from my past experience I've had alot of slippage problem.

I'm actually using ssms5411, Steve's, pulley still. I haven't experience slippage. I also took this pulley to the machine shop and added a center groove of 1/32" wide and deep. This is to my belief that the air will go into this center groove and create a suction when the pulley is spinning fast and also to prevent belt play; keep it steady on the pulley.
        Thor, I forgot which pulley did I sell you? I bought so many from them I don't remember.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
          Thor, I forgot which pulley did I sell you? I bought so many from them I don't remember.
          It's the 3" steele one.

You're a great guy, you even included the external fuel pump. Thanks.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X