guage and injector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guage and injector question

Hey I have 2 questions. First off my autometer fuel pressure guage is giving me all kinds of readings from 5psi to 80 psi. This started happening after my walbro went bad and I was just wondering if my guage is broke? or if there is a way to reset it?

2nd Ive made modifications to my mach kit and Im going to do 42lb injectors now since im running about 13 psi. Does any injectors fit? because the place I was going to have do my tune wanted to charge me way too much for 42s and I saw lucas 42#s for 200 some dollars.

Re: guage and injector question

what year is your car again? There are two injector pin styles for our 3.8 cars. 95-99 have one style and 00-02 have a different style pin on the injector.

Does the fuel pressure gauge go all over while driving?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: guage and injector question

there is a ev3 injector and an ev 6. if i remember correctly the ev 3 is the 00 and up style. the ev6 is the bosch style. if you get these you will have to get aftermarket rails and solder in new connectors. or you can just cut and reweld the rail bracket down. the ev 6 is longer by maybe a half inch. this is what i ran into and it's kinda a pain. but duetsche design makes a 43.5 bosch style that works real good. they are the ones i have. all are flow tested and matched.
      as far as the gauge first verify you are not getting these readings from another gauge like a tester and watch for air in the fuel line. this will also caust a weird running condition usually though that it idles fine but when there is alot of flow in the line it sputters. another thing to think about is if i remember you have to remove some tube to install the pump in the tank. i think that tube helps eliminate air in the lines. i have never personally installed a walboro so i am sure anyone else in here with a little more experience might be able to shed some light on that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X