Mach kit question about strenght plate - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mach kit question about strenght plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach kit question about strenght plate

Hey I have a question for anyone who has the mach kit with the NCState strength plate. Did the strenght plate fix the problem with the belt walking towards the motor? because my walbro went on my car and I havent had my kit on in 2 months now and Im deciding if I even want to put it back on and work the bugs out of the kit.

Re: Mach kit question about strenght plate

I don't think he ever manufactured more than one of those plates. He was supposed to get back to me when he had the others finished so I could buy one. I'm assuming he never got around to machining them.
    1999 Firebird <br />Y87 Performance Package<br /><br />Borla exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat and 3\" pipe throughout, RK Sport Headers, K&N air filter, SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 36 lb Injectors, ATI 3.8 Intercooled Procharger Kit.

Comment

skyhawk, I thought I had tried to email/PM you back when I was doing that. I did get busy, but I did have 2 made. One for you and one for Derky. I ended up putting the 2nd one on my car to replace my original "prototype" but can make you another if you still want one.

In my opinion it really fixed most of the problems and really strengthened the blower mount. No belt problems for me and hopefully Derky will get his blower put back on and report the same. Let me know if you want one, I might get a chance to make one up this week while I'm home at my parents.
      \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Sorry NC, I never check my private messages on the board. It was sitting there from a while back. But I'm still interested. What other changes will I need to make to have this work on the kit and do you have a pic of the updated mount?
        1999 Firebird <br />Y87 Performance Package<br /><br />Borla exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat and 3\" pipe throughout, RK Sport Headers, K&N air filter, SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 36 lb Injectors, ATI 3.8 Intercooled Procharger Kit.

Comment

Only changes are gonna be cutting down one of the spacers that goes over the bottom threaded rod, since the thickness of this plate will take up some of that space. The plate then mounts on 2 other bolts and has a threaded rod that passes through it and into the blower headunit.

I can get you some pictures. i went ahead and cut out another plate for you while I was at home, just need to finish it and I could ship it out.
          \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X