Holset turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holset turbo?

with purchasing my truck, i have had thoughts about using a similar turbo as to the holset H1C used on the first gen 12 valve cummins turbo diesel, i know that the exhaust side is a T3 with an 18CM housing and a 3" v band outlet, the inlet side has a 3" inlet but i dont have any A/R #'s on them or comp maps but i was wondering if anybody here has any input or thoughts, also i can change to either a larger or smaller exhaust housing for improved spoolat top end...

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Re: Holset turbo?

Its probably too big.

Find out the size of the exhaust housing and A/R.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

like i said you can go from a 21CM all the way down to a 12CM housing they are not that big of a turbo i can get you guys some pics for reference sake but i am going to need to contact holset for specs

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
        with purchasing my truck, i have had thoughts about using a similar turbo as to the holset H1C used on the first gen 12 valve cummins turbo diesel, i know that the exhaust side is a T3 with an 18CM housing and a 3" v band outlet, the inlet side has a 3" inlet but i dont have any A/R #'s on them or comp maps but i was wondering if anybody here has any input or thoughts, also i can change to either a larger or smaller exhaust housing for improved spoolat top end...
        H1C have various compressor wheels, so you definitely need to call holset, either way the wheels are in the 5Xmm range (~52-55mm respectively). Most of their housings are divided so you either look for a non-divided unit like maybe one from the HX series. You want to be around (totally street) 9cm^2 or the other extreme 12cm^2. The later been ~.8X in std A/R nomenclature; again if the 12cm^2 is divided you will have to run a pulse setup to take maximum advantage...
        BTW dependent on turbine housing, I have actually seen maps to suggest 600hp from this units, very capable...
        hth
        THE ORIGINAL 3800SII turbo...<b><i>NOW SERIES-III</i></b>

Comment

i was doing some searching and the 9cm housings are non divided and have an A/R of .65 which would probably be pretty ideal for street use, these housings cam on the hy-35 off the auto trucks and have the same compressor housing/wheel as the hx-35 so this is probably the most ideal set-up i know they are capable of supporting 25+ PSI of boost which i will never see in my car, im still going to have to do some searching so do you think that is a viable option...

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
            i was doing some searching and the 9cm housings are non divided and have an A/R of .65 which would probably be pretty ideal for street use, these housings cam on the hy-35 off the auto trucks and have the same compressor housing/wheel as the hx-35 so this is probably the most ideal set-up i know they are capable of supporting 25+ PSI of boost which i will never see in my car, im still going to have to do some searching so do you think that is a viable option...
            You are correct...it is fine.
            gl
            THE ORIGINAL 3800SII turbo...<b><i>NOW SERIES-III</i></b>

Comment

its fine i have put one on a merkur before and it ripped. i would run it.

Comment

what size/model holset?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X