3 blocks to choose from "turbo project" - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 blocks to choose from "turbo project"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 blocks to choose from "turbo project"

Ok, I went to my friends bone yard and he has a 00 l67 3800 super charger motor, a 96 l36 3800 motor and a 95 v6 4.3 vortech motor....hmmm what to do? I thought about the 4.3 block then I can use the grand national headers and stuff...:banana: or I can use the use the ls6 block and use arp hardware and turbo cam then use the camaro heads and intake p/p them as well... well I got to monday to think about it...:stp: it's all going in a 99 firebird so will you take the 4.3 or the l67 way? and doing a turbo to beat my friends twin turbo mustang:rock:

Re: 3 blocks to choose from "turbo project"

L67 most definately. Forged rods/pistons, lower compression (good for boost), parts are easy to get, tunability etc.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

l67 engine for sure
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

sorry guys, l67 rods and pistons are not forged, but its still the way to go.

Comment

For the 4.3 block, what's on it?

I know someone got a SC 3800 into a camaro, but they had to seriously mod the SC's intake to make it wrap around. I think the vortech might be easier to fit. You should probably measure it, and figure out how much fabrication it will take to get it working.

Comment

you better have some serious cash if you plan on beating a TT stang unless its not tuned and runs like ****...

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
            89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X