LT1 to get twin turboed or supercharged - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LT1 to get twin turboed or supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 to get twin turboed or supercharged

I posted this on one of the LT1 technical forums elsewhere, but since you guys seem to be more involved with tuning your cars, I'll probably get better feedback here.

------
    I recently purchased a 96 LT1 engine, 40k miles on it, mint condition, to replace my 3.4L engine.

Since i'm new to forced induction, and for my bad luck I'm from Europe (no lt1/ls1 parts here duh) - I'd like to get prepared before starting to mount the turbos/supercharger and intercoolers.

Can some of you share some insight into what forged internals should I get, where should I get them from (webshop addresses would be great) and more or less what prices should I expect to run that 10-12 PSI ?

Much appriciate your input !

post 2
    ----
    Just coming back from my tuners garage, it wont be a twin turbo setup, but a supercharger. There's one available for me at the moment, capacity up to 1.2 Bar, 1200 hp. Thus i'm looking at +-20 PSI boost at full capacity.

If the 1 psi = 20 hp rule applies, then I should reach about my target with that - above 500 hp on the wheels. With the 1 to 20 rule i should be pushing 20*20+305 = +-700 hp on the cam.

What forged internals should i foresee already ?

Re: LT1 to get twin turboed or supercharged

1-20 might be a bit on the high side.

you are gonna need a new fuel system to push 20 psi

also I think your octane levels over there are high enough to push 20 psi via pump gas

Comment

You'd make a much better power band/more top end power with a well setup TT kit
      Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

This is a massive supercharger, mind you it has a safe boost of over 22 psi ! Overally distributed throught the power band, unlike the turbos. To beat that turbos need to be really big and well done, possibly different sizes and debit.

What i wonder is what internal parts do i need to get forget in order to avoid engine damage.

Comment

Forged crank, pistons, rods.... need new bearings, wrist pins, main studs.

but im telling you right now, you are also going to need to upgrade your fuel system and MAF.

Comment

listen here : Fuel system. thats injectors TT 255 fuel pumps, lines, and Tune.
            Im not sure what year PCM you have and if HPT can do that , but with this massive sc you better have a good tune and meth inj to be safe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X