powerdyne expectations :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerdyne expectations :(

ok so im prettymuch putting a powerdyne with 6-7 psi on my BASICAALy stock camaro...i went to a tuning shop today and starting questioning him...hes basicaaly saying the stock 3800 puts down 140hp or less to the wheels and that i shouldnt expect anymore than 180 outta my supercharge setup? is this true? im sad now.

Re: powerdyne expectations :(

the tune guy mayb know alot abt the cars......a 3.8 delivers200 at the crank....and with the drivetrain of 15%-20% loss it should have around 160 at the wheels........and than the boast...ur tune guy must b mistaken.

Comment

id say at 6-7 psi you should be looking at 230 or so to the wheels.

Comment

you will easily be over 200 at the wheels after the supercharger. My guess would be 245-250 rwhp range
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok thank god...that really made me question my investment...

Comment

I remember James Bawkey's (the one who created the kit) '95 1/2 Camaro with a Y87 package put down 160rwhp. He wanted a base dyno before the PD. This Camaro was bone stock with paper filter and stock exhaust and everything.

The only mod it had was a 9psi powerdyne with a K&N CAI and it put down 256rwhp. That's almost 100rwhp with just a SC--stock fuel pump, exhaust, engine, and such. he didn't even change the plugs. That's not too bad.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

i didnt realize you had a powerdyne thor...how is it? what shall i expect? is it really silent? :/ have any times or vids?

Comment

i used to have a powerdyne. i made around 245 on 6 psi back when my motor was stock. my car made 183 NA. ive got a video on youtube if you search for supercharged v6 camaro youll find it.
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

average stock 3.8Ls produce 10-12 RWHP per PSI with superchargers. Average stock 3.8Ls make 160ish to 180ish RWHP.

The guy maybe thinking of the 3.4L when he gave you those numbers.

99 NBM Corvette (my DD) LS2 swap, MTI X1 cam, Fast90MM, ported LS2 TB, Vara ram intake, Kooks headers (AIR!)/Xpipe (CATS!), 3200 stall, 435 (RWHP) horses of fun AND still slower than my V6!!!

02 4x4 Metalic Gray Tahoe LS (wife's DD)

97 Mystic Teal Camaro (toy) Click for Mods
                  Conservatively tuned 503RWHP!! (baby steps to 600 )
                  T56 conversion By Six speeds inc.
                  Motor built by Abbott racing Heads
                  Old motor: 12.8@115 2.2 60ft
                  Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Linxs
                    average stock 3.8Ls produce 10-12 RWHP per PSI with superchargers. Average stock 3.8Ls make 160ish to 180ish RWHP.

The guy maybe thinking of the 3.4L when he gave you those numbers.
                    I just installed my S/C on 6psi and it doesn't feel anywhere near 60-72+hp.
                    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
                      I just installed my S/C on 6psi and it doesn't feel anywhere near 60-72+hp.
                      then you got problems with something because if you are making 6-7psi you will definitely feel it. My brothers powerdyned car we put together is a beast to drive now
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

its called a tune. When you get a tune, it will unleash all the power.
                        Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Kidcamaro98
                          its called a tune. When you get a tune, it will unleash all the power.
                          A tune should not have much to do with my vacuum pressure at all. Its belt driven, so I should be getting almost all boost, just not acquired as efficiently

But back on topic, your "guy" needs to read up a little bit. Are you taking this to just a mechanic, or a performance shop? they know their stuff alot better about this kinda thing than just a mechanic.
                          Last edited by RyanAndyBob; 11-29-2007, 01:24 PM.
                          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

its accually a tuning/ performance shop speciffically for fbodys and other lsx powered cars...just anouther v guy underestimating the v6?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
                              A tune should not have much to do with my vacuum pressure at all. Its belt driven, so I should be getting almost all boost, just not acquired as efficiently
                              who said anything about vacuum pressure? i agree with kidcamaro.. a TUNE is much needed for any boosted car.
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X