Intercooler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler question

I plan on running 9psi with a powerdyne s/c, will i need to get an intercooler to keep down knock, or will it be alright with full bolt ons and other small supporting mods. If i do need one, where can I find them?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: Intercooler question

no intercooler needed with the powerdyne
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
      no intercooler needed with the powerdyne
      how much psi usually requires an intercooler?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

what about 9 psi on a vortech? I would imagine that the vortech runs hotter because of oil and straight cut gears, and should therefore need an IC?

Comment

what about 9 psi on a vortech? I would imagine that the vortech runs hotter because of oil and straight cut gears, and should therefore need an IC?

Comment

yea with a procharger or vortech I would intercool it. Anything over 10psi for powerdyne I would intercool as well.
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              yea with a procharger or vortech I would intercool it. Anything over 10psi for powerdyne I would intercool as well.

careful. intercoolers are never a bad idea. id definately rather have a 6psi intercooled powerdyne than a non intercooled 6 psi setup. however, whether they are "needed" or not shouldnt be decided solely upon how much boost your running, but i think more off your IAT's.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                careful. intercoolers are never a bad idea. id definately rather have a 6psi intercooled powerdyne than a non intercooled 6 psi setup. however, whether they are "needed" or not shouldnt be decided solely upon how much boost your running, but i think more off your IAT's.
                yeah, ill probably intercool just to be safe, i dont want to be getting any knock, even a little bit at the top of the powerband. plus, get some more ponies out of the deal too.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X