commodore 3.8 supercharger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commodore 3.8 supercharger....

i have searched and have come up with no REAL answeres, how hard would it be to fit this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Eaton-M90-Com...QQcmdZViewItem

onto my 3.8 camaro?

it looks like if i turned it so the pully was in the back the intake would be right there and my stock tb would work, then i could fab up some kind of way to get the sc pully to work.

im guessing i would need new fuel rails at the least?
    please dont yell at me :(
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: commodore 3.8 supercharger....

yea with some modification, you know who could tell you all you need to know at ftv6 but I think there is an easier route than what he did.

Comment

THis one would be better for you

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Eaton-M90-Sup...QQcmdZViewItem

it allready has the bend in it for the throttlebody.

Comment

although its a good idea, the majour problem with the aussi unit is...

it touches the firewall.
        it will run into your fuel lines, coolant lines and all fo your coil pack crap.

the aussi m90 inlet cannot be ported and opened up so that you can run a bigger throttle body.

for the price you are going ot spend and ship that thing, you would be better off making a procharger work. not to mention all of the "other" stuff you are going to need.

Comment

Originally posted by natural3800
          yea with some modification, you know who could tell you all you need to know at ftv6 but I think there is an easier route than what he did.

what is the easier route? if you dont mind me asking

Comment

Originally posted by Majourlittle
            although its a good idea, the majour problem with the aussi unit is...

it touches the firewall.
            it will run into your fuel lines, coolant lines and all fo your coil pack crap.

the aussi m90 inlet cannot be ported and opened up so that you can run a bigger throttle body.

for the price you are going ot spend and ship that thing, you would be better off making a procharger work. not to mention all of the "other" stuff you are going to need.
            i was affraid of that, i was just looking for a kind of stock looking setup

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

make your own powerdyne setup or buy Tpunks kit that he is selling that just needs the headunit to be rebuilt. Alot cheaper and you know it will work
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

actually its not cheaper to go with the powerdyne...

Comment

this might be a stupid question, but what type of supercharges make the whining sound? lol

Comment

How on earth do you think that supercharger would run if you turned it around so the pulley was in the back? ha ha ha
                    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

yeah i guess that was a bad idea haha

Comment

gear setup, modified lower intake and a machined off shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                          it looks like if i turned it so the pully was in the back the intake would be right there and my stock tb would work, then i could fab up some kind of way to get the sc pully to work.(

Something like this?

http://www.magnacharger.com/images/l...ford-F-150.jpg
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

yeah thats what i had in mind. If i had something like that i wouldnt need the elbow, i could just bolt my tb right to the sc and and use the fatory airbox

Comment

yea but you will need to have a gear set in the back instead of a belt and you would have to modify the lower intake so that it would accept the supercharger backwards.

you would also have the throttle body sticking out towards the passenger side.

there would also be a problem with the pcv valve.

making the elbow is the best idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X