Turbo Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Output

Just wondering what numbers you guys are getting from your turbo set-ups. I'm looking into possibly turbo-ing my 97 Camaro, and am wondering what you guys with nearly stock 3.8's are running. I checked the timeslips, and there were only 2 or 3 3.8s, and they had more engine work done. Pretty much wondering what a standard turbo kit running 7-8psi on a stock internal motor will put out rwhp wise, rwtq wise, and 1/4 time and et wise.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Turbo Output

depends on the turbo size the t3/t4 the FFF came with was about 280-300 on 7-9 psi

i think 12 psi was 330 and 15 was 350

this was before HP Tuners came out tho so those numbers are dated but good estimates
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

That's what I'm looking at getting. The FFF under k-member kit with the 60mm t3/t4. Are those numbers to the wheel?
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
        That's what I'm looking at getting. The FFF under k-member kit with the 60mm t3/t4. Are those numbers to the wheel?
        yeah RWHP... that was a 50 trim turbo.....
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo V6 Camaro
          yeah RWHP... that was a 50 trim turbo.....
          I believe this one is a 63 trim, but I may have my numbers wrong.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

god damn. your alll over the place. choose ONE thing and stick with it. if its not a sc its nitrous, if its not nitrous its a cam, if its not a cam its a turbo now?

Comment

sorry, but deals come and go, I can't figure out what I wanna do with my car. I just want it to be faster :D
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                sorry, but deals come and go, I can't figure out what I wanna do with my car. I just want it to be faster :D
                you know what man i totally agree i get ripped on for changing my mind like that but im kind of an indecisive person and sometimes its harder to choose how you want to get to that end point of having a much faster car, turbo, stroker, super charger, or whatever may get you there.

but i really do think the turbo is the best option for the 3800. i mean check out highhp's bird! no doubt thats not your intent but it just shows what "some" turbo's can really do.

Comment

I never stopped getting crap for changing my mind... Each setup has it's advantages. Turbo is the most power to the wheels, stroker is a sick idea that hasn't been tried in an F-body to my knowledge. I have the L32 block but I might stroke it anyway. if the T56 kit comes cheap enough I may do turbo stroker. Stay tuned. Who knows what I'll do, I'm indecisive too
                  \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                    stroker is a sick idea that hasn't been tried in an F-body to my knowledge.
                    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ghlight=rumble (he has ZZP's stroker kit)

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...hlight=stroker
                    sigpic
                    1997 Camaro RS A4
                    2006 Chevy Colorado
                    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

there is so many factors but check out intense racing's bird. that runs 8's. obvously it's all about how much money and time you got. and remember usually the more radical the less streetable and reliable. my dyno time disappeared when i blew out 3 injector o-rings today. otherwise i could get you some better numbers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X