928 Motorsport came out with an even more powerful rebuilt - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

928 Motorsport came out with an even more powerful rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 928 Motorsport came out with an even more powerful rebuilt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...spagenameZWD1V

If I ever need a rebuild, I'm definately going for it. But it's pretty darn expensive.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: 928 Motorsport came out with an even more powerful rebuilt

Yeah, but that impeller looks awesome. There is some discussion on ftv6 and it really does look like a decent alternative to close the performance gap with the procharger just a little bit. Who knows, had it been available 6 months ago I might have stuck with the powerdyne and given it a shot, since I already had the racing rebuild. I nominate dmw319 as the guinea pig for cv6, since he is shooting for 10psi after intercooler which is a tough feat. :)
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Originally posted by NCState98
      I nominate dmw319 as the guinea pig for cv6, since he is shooting for 10psi after intercooler which is a tough feat. :)
      yikes! i got nominated. the only way id put that on my car is if someone else paid for it! haha. i really would love to see 10psi after intercooler and cam, but i dont know how realistic it is. we will see.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Thor, just so you know you can get just the impellor from them for about 4-500 bucks. I'm pretty sure by next year I'll probably have that rebuild done to mine. I've gotta get HPT and some 36 or bigger injectors first though.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

The only problem I see with that is the internal belt breaking and slipping off, I think the max on the powerdyne is a 2.6 " pulley. Anything after that , your going to need to replace internal parts after running it hard. I think 928 rebuilds their units after every race, so in the long run the gear driven models would be better. I'm not knocking the powerdyne but I put so much into it, and you can only take it so far. I should of just went with the bottle in the first place and it would have saved me about $3000 total throughout the years from trying different pulleys, intercoolers, methanol injection, racing rebuilds, and regular rebuilds. So if I could do it again it would be the Mach kit, turbo, or nitrous. I chose nitrous this time and I love it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

im not worrying about going to a smaller pulley YET. i want to see what times and numbers my current setup will do and then go from there.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X