• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric supercharger

Anyone seen or drove one?

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/products.html

Re: electric supercharger

Electric superchargers= no. period.
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Are you serious?
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

they are point less, may as well just blow air into your engine with a pinwheel. It would work the same and you wouldnt have to spend 579$ to do it.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
          they are point less, may as well just blow air into your engine with a pinwheel.
          Now that would be a video worth seeing.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

$600 for only a "guaranteed" 27 hp??:bs:

Comment

8.5% of 200 is 17hp :)
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Oh dear sweet baby Jesus, please smite those who both ask about, and sell "electric superchargers" like these.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

it may help a bit... but not worth it at all imo. My gf's car has a stock electric charger that sucks alot of air in but its hooked into the intake/TB area. I don't even know if it helps her car that much.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                    it may help a bit... but not worth it at all imo. My gf's car has a stock electric charger that sucks alot of air in but its hooked into the intake/TB area. I don't even know if it helps her car that much.
                    what car came with a stock electric supercharger?!?!

But wouldn't a electric sc give you high performance idling in theory?
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

please tell me youre blowing smoke up our asses josh.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Well I had really hard time beating z28s/ss on the road but after my electric supercharger install, I can leave them in the dust! I dropped 3 seconds in my 1/4 mile. ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER FTW!!! <3!>#@

:)
                        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                          Well I had really hard time beating z28s/ss on the road but after my electric supercharger install, I can leave them in the dust! I dropped 3 seconds in my 1/4 mile. ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER FTW!!! <3!>#@

:)
                          your gunna feel real bad when he thinks your serious and goes out and buys one...or two:D

Comment

My girlfriend's car is a 2001 Dodge Stratus ES

The ES is different from the SE with suspension and such... but it was also equipped with a 2.7L 200hp engine that has a "supercharger like variable intake" (from the handbook)

The intake has to electric fans that suck in air faster when the pedal is pushed pass the normal operations.

http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2001/s...dan-dodge.html

Scroll halfway down and you will see a pic on the right. I tried finding a CAI for her car awhile back and wondered why there was an exception on her model. I found out why now...

As far as saying it helps ??? I have nothing to compare it to, but when you rev the engine you can hear it sucking in air. I think it is a waste, the only thing helpfull about this intake is that its longer then most intakes.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I won't make you read the article...

the 2.7 liter Dodge Magnum V-6, producing 200 horsepower, had no shortage of go-power. While zero to sixty times are middle of the pack for similar vehicles, on the highway the Magnum seemed to be more responsive than usual, quickly moving the car to greater speeds. One possible reason for this is the variable intake system, which provides a moderate supercharging effect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X