Would this turbo work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this turbo work?

Turbonetics T3/T4 Turbo. 62-1 Compressor (550HP) with a .60 A/R on the cold side. Stage V turbine wheel with a .63 A/R (rebuilt by Dave at Majestic Turbo in Dallas TX)
    -- 3.5 inch down pipe (dumps at the front) can be fabbed to go to your catback system.
    -- Tial 38mm Wastegate with the 6 psi spring. The Gate has a few scratchs on it.
    -- Custom fabricated up pipe (hot parts). All tig welded. Currently bare metal, can be Jet-Hot Coated by request (additional charges apply).
    -- 3-core front mount intercooler.
    -- Aluminum cold pipes, clamps and couplers 3 inch all the way. One part of the kit is ABS plastic but has no problems.
    -- Cartech Blow off Valve (not pictured). Good for 19psi.
    -- Cartech /Begi FMU (fully adjustable) - you may need some clamps and hoses to complete install of this peice.
    -- All bolts
    -- New Gaskets & tube of RTV black
    -- Tubular manifolds
    -- Oil pan taped for return oil line - oil line attached

I still have to do my homework but from the looks of it, how does this setup look?
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Would this turbo work?

That is the same turbo I use, as well as waste gate. I used to use the same fmu, but got rid of that and put in large injectors when I went over 10 psi. That turbo works great, it does not spool to early or latew and can support a lot of power. It will make a few psi foot braking it, and boost comes in hard and fast at about 3000 rpm. The turbo makes enough power to push my car to almost 119 mph in the 1/4 mile with the stock engine, trans and rear at 22-24 psi, so it is making a good amount of horsepower for a stock 6 cyl. Check out my site, www.fquick.com/1SICK6

Comment

i think i saw this somewhere, oh yeah cause i wanted to boost my camaro.
      ebay for the win:banana:

Comment

if you go with the 60-1 kit, a guy on clubgp.com made 428 whp with stock heads and cam, and 478 whp with stattama's stage 1 turbo cam.

if you want newer tech, and cheaper, try the gt3255e from precision turbo. it's a buick turbo, so it has round turbine inlet and 3 bolt pattern. it's good for up to 520 hp at 20+ psi, works with the stock torque converter, and costs $830 new.

a stock head turbo trans am has done 11.83s 1/4 on 23 psi. it sounds like a lot of boost, but turbos are most efficient between 15 and 25 psi...where most kits don't even hit 10 psi.

you can also step up to the gt6131re, which is a full ball bearing turbo good for 620 hp for $1080 at www.fullthrottlespeed.com under buick turbos. innovative 60-1 journal bearing turbos go for $1195.

if you're getting custom headers, the 3 bolt makes no difference. besides, i never understood why valves are rounds, headers are round, exhaust is round, but the t3 or t4 flanges are rectangular.

Comment

How much do you think that whole setup is going to cost you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X