X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3800 s/c motor WILL fit in a f-body

Originally posted by 1997RSblack
    40HP over stock.. but slightly modded.. these engines are known to put out 350+hp.
    I have a turbo'd L32 in my camaro, trust me, i know....and slightly moded putting down 350......might wanna check that figure.

Comment

heads, cam, and an IC are what usually are required for 350hp and I would not consider that slightly modded. I'll see if I can find ond of the pics of how he modded to blower to fit, it was a lot of work and not just anyone could do it.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

not great quality but here are the pics.

2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Comment

that plenum is going to suck!

Comment

i think it is made to accept an lt1 throttle body
              96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Originally posted by david8399
                i think it is made to accept an lt1 throttle body
                maybe so, but the problem is the bend in the plenum.

Comment

not that it wont work, but it will significantly restrict airflow.

Comment

Nice that he got it to work but as udlose03, < you like that catch, said the plenum sucks or rather won't suck very good, like a bad date. He made it fit without modyifying the body but rather modified a crucial part of the SC. The amount of money involved I'm sure an LS1 would've been a better option. Cudos for doing something unique but uh not really that huge.
                    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                      Nice that he got it to work but as udlose03, < you like that catch, said the plenum sucks or rather won't suck very good, like a bad date. He made it fit without modyifying the body but rather modified a crucial part of the SC. The amount of money involved I'm sure an LS1 would've been a better option. Cudos for doing something unique but uh not really that huge.
                      niiiiiiiiice

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk
                        heads, cam, and an IC are what usually are required for 350hp and I would not consider that slightly modded. I'll see if I can find ond of the pics of how he modded to blower to fit, it was a lot of work and not just anyone could do it.

He was referring to the fact that 1997RSBLACK said 'slightly modded.' He was just stating that slightly modded doesn't equal 350.

FWIW:

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...de=&s=#1550443

Comment

Originally posted by stormwolf1972
                          the 3800 s/c motor WILL fit without cutting the cowl or hood...someone finally did it....

Hacking the s**t out of the intake manifold does NOT qualify as "WILL FIT".

The botttom line is that a L67 WILL NOT fit, you MUST modify SOMETHING!

:rolleyes:

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

that could have been done so much better. sad. but oh well. props to the kid. but it could have been done a lot better.

Comment

How? There is only so much room to work with. I think he did a pretty decent job. It's not perfect but it does the job pretty well.

Comment

still wondering if anyone has tried this with Holden parts.
                                If so what is needed from the donor Aussie car?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X