Bet you guys hear this alot :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet you guys hear this alot :)

Hey everyone, I have a 2000 Camaro and Im going to bulk purchase a huge package for it this summer. I have all of the basic bolts ons, alot of drivetrain mods so on. So now I want to make big numbers, first on the list is of course the RKSport Powerdyne SC I want to keep it at 6 PSI with the pullies mentioned in Graymans website. Secondly Im going to run a mild wet shot of nitrous right around 55 horses, finally I want to cam it as well. I plan on getting this camshaft with the modded springs and double roller chain http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=117 . Is there anything here that Im missing? I know Ill need a inline fuel pump, can I use the external fuel pump by MSD? Im also going to purchase some bigger fuel injectors these in particular http://www.intense-racing.com/Mercha...tegory_Code=IF . Of course Ill be getting it tuned, so am I missing anything? Any advice or corrections? Or am I in the right direction? Thanks and all help is appreciated.

Re: Bet you guys hear this alot :)

get a intank pump

upgrade your exhuast

search for abbot racing heads and give them a call about a blower cam if you really want to go all out...... ZZP is good but there cam are ground for roots type blowers.....

are you going to mail order tune it?
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Hello viper04af,

the question you are asking has been already answered in another thread.
      Please use the Searchfunction to get your answer faster.

best wishes,
      viper04af
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
        Hello viper04af,

the question you are asking has been already answered in another thread.
        Please use the Searchfunction to get your answer faster.

best wishes,
        viper04af

haha youre crazy. ;)
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Actually I did search, just didnt find a specific thread with a FI Camshaft, whats an intake pump? I already have my exhaust work done,

Comment

an intank fuel pump replaces your stock fuel pump inside your gas tank
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

For the 42# injectors, it say "1996-2002 Firebird with 3800 Series II engine "
              as far as I know 2000+ are different.

Comment

They got the same engine, just minor differences isnt it a pain in the *** to replace a fuel pump thats inside the gas tank? Would the gas level gauge in the cluster still be accurate?

Comment

I cut an access panel in the hatch area and dropped mine in from the top. Time consuming but not hard. But hey if my pump ever needs to be replaced I can just open my access panel now and have it swapped in less than 30 minutes :)

Comment

The inline pumps are loud, plus if you plan on keeping the car for a while youll inevitably run into a pump faillure and your inline do s*** if you use a quality aftermarket pump you wont have to worry about that for another 10 years, the Walbro 255lph seems to be the recommended on around here.

You should talk to some people at abbott about their new "big valve heads" they are supposed to be specifically designed for FI (probably more so a turbo than a sc though) and nitrous, they're almost ready according to abbott but they've been saying that for a while now, giv em a call though. If you do decide to go with heads youll have to rethink your choice of cams, im sure people on this board will help out.

One other suggestion is that you think about forged internals, I know you have to pull the engine and it would be a pain in the a** but its easier than blowing you engine 7000 miles down the road, also with light weight internals youll be able to safely rev alot higher

just some things to think about, but its not nessicarly the right root to go, you have to decide that for yourself, its your money
                    K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Originally posted by matt3989
                      One other suggestion is that you think about forged internals, I know you have to pull the engine and it would be a pain in the a** but its easier than blowing you engine 7000 miles down the road, also with light weight internals youll be able to safely rev alot higher
                      people have put 50k+ boost miles on these motors you dont need to forge it unless your going crazy with the boost like 12+ psi and even then long as it tuned and got the fuel it need it will still be fine
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        I cut an access panel in the hatch area and dropped mine in from the top. Time consuming but not hard. But hey if my pump ever needs to be replaced I can just open my access panel now and have it swapped in less than 30 minutes :)

How did you do this? Sounds like its probaly easier to do in the long run, will the carpet still be there to cover the "panel". Thanks

Also are the Lucas injectors any good? Or should I go with something else?
                        Last edited by Domestic_>_all; 04-04-2006, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I just cut a hole and then made my own sheetmetal replacement patch and screwed it down. Carpet hides it and you can't even tell it is there.

Comment

doesnt sound so bad, but I like the idea of an inline pump because I wont constantly be running high amounts of fuel into the engine. Gas is expensive now a days, but would this affect the performance when I get the PCM tuned? I found a Granateli fuel pump on summit which is an intank model, but it says it only fits the V8 models. Would these also fit the V6 models? If the intank is much more highly recommended Ill get it, but its more of a daily driver with some power. Which is why Im leaning towards the MSD electric pump.

Comment

if you are pushing around 300hp or running 100+ shot of nitrous you need a fuel pump. The stock pump is suppose to be good till 300, but most replace it before those #s. zzperformance.com has the walbro pump for $125 and it is an intank version. An inline one you would have to wire it to turn on with your key or have a switch to turn it on everytime you need it. If you forget to turn it on when putting out the power it could be trouble like 1dangv6 experienced before.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X