John D wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John D wrap

Does anyone have a John D wrap diagram on paper those pics are not really informative and does anyone know what size of belt i will need to purchase so it works correctly [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98</a>

if you have a 6 lb pulley the stock rksport belt will work. the tensioner pulley was rubbing on the heater hose inlet housing when under max tension so I added a washer between the pulley and the tensioner bracket.

I could only find 103" belts. (104" are listed but not realy instock. I think the rksport belt is 105") That 103 is just too short for the 6psi pulley, though. could not get belt over the pulleys no matter which pulley i left to the last.

If that pic is still missing on John's web site I posted it on mine just in case. Those two pics are really all you need. If you have not actually taken off the old belt and started wraping the new belt routing with the blower ready to go then it will all make sense at go time. those two pics of his are all you need.
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

dayco has a 103.8 belt that should work fine. It is a ploy cog belt.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411:
        dayco has a 103.8 belt that should work fine. It is a ploy cog belt.
        do you remember off hand if the last digits of the dayco part number for that belt is ...103? Because I got one of those and that is the one that does't work with a 6 pounder.

I have been looking for a dayco belt chart like the goodyear belt chart on my site but can't seem to find one. Trying to get a belt out of a parts store...sheesh..."no, I don't know what model of car...I need a 103 or a 103.5 or a 104 inch belt...does your computer list them by SIZE anywhere? Can I go dig through your shelves then...?"
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods

Comment

as i recall the last 4 number on the daycos are the length.

a 1234 = 123.4 inches

and i am 100% sure thats how it is on the gatorbakcs..

a 103 gatorbakc will work as well.. it will take some effort to get on though..

Comment

ok
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X