thinking of adding a turbo to our lancer - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking of adding a turbo to our lancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of adding a turbo to our lancer

I got a qouted price from a guy i know who manages a import shop of $3000 installed for everything that i can pay with $500 down and $500 a month for the next 5 months and I have to put a banner with his shop across the front. I dont know much about turbos so tell me if this sounds good guys he gave me a list of what it would come with-garrett t25 turbo with wastegate,cast exhaust manifold,chrome heat shield, downpipe,tsi blow off valve,tsi high flow intercooler,tsi injection control unit with turbo timer,aluminum intercooler piping,braided lines for water cooling,braided lines for oiling,all hoses,clamp,necessary hardware & fittings

Is this still going to make it reliable for the 2000+ miles we drive a month and are we going to need anything else to keep it safe and reliable?
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

A T25 isn't much bigger then my K03 turbos.
    The T25 is kind of small but might be just right.

[ February 21, 2005, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: oil pan 4 ]
    \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

a t25 will choke your top end.

got to go bigger.
      1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

i called and talked to him and told him your guys concerns, he said the t25 is the rec. Turbo for use on the n/a lancers. he said it will add about 45% hp at 7psi. he said he will look into other turbo options and call back
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by oil pan 4:
          A T25 isn't much bigger then my K03 turbos.
          The T25 is kind of small but might be just right.
          The T25 is kind of small, but then again so is the Lancer's motor. At 7psi it will probably be good, but I don't think it will leave much headroom. This may be academic since I do not know how much pressure the NA Lancer engine can take anyway.
          Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X