PCV Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV Bypass

Ok i just want to make sure i have this right will this work as a PCV bypass http://www.proficientperformance.com...ode=A10262-011 or do I still need to have the PCV bypass and if so if anyone has a diagram i could see so I can make sure to get it right
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98</a>

:eek: :eek: 170 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude block off the hole in the TB and drill the TB out onside of it.......... it free and everything works like it should i have almost 2000 miles like this and i can't even tell..... its just venting into the air and not your intake charge
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

the hole in the tb is for the air to come into the crankcase, then through the pcv system, and into your intake manifold.

block off the hole, and tap your upper intake manifold for a bung and barb fitting and run a hose to the intake after the filter. if i've lost you then someone else here can help.

if you want to know how to do it right, e-mail me and i'll show you where to tap. there are a few good spots that shouldn't be too hard.
      1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

also....that isn't a pcv bypass. that is like a blow-off valve for a supercharger. it just recirc's instead of an atmospheric blow-off.

you shouldn't run w/o one, of any type.
        1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

well i already got one so i need to know if it will work or if i need to do something else if it wasnt for me retards wouldnt get money
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98</a>

Comment

It should work.

Comment

OMG dude that is a bosch valve ($25) and some rad hose!
              <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Dude, I thought we covered this last week?
                go here...
                http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/TB-PCV.htm

I did not invent this stuff...it is all things that I have learned here...regarding the fbody powerdyne install and general v6 fbody mods that are working on my car right now that keeps up with a '67 383 Formula S Barracuda.

You can do the 'drill holes in your tb to vent" method if you want.

you can do shirls earlier recomendation and route the actual PCV valve back into your system...rather than venting to atmosphere,

or you can simply use the valve cover breather method.
                Either way...you have to plug the pcv hole in the TB or you will be sending up to 6psi into the crankcase...and then the fun will realy start.
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods
                Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

you want these plugs. this is the best price I have seen so far for NGK-TR6. gap them to .035

http://ngk.carshopinc.com/product_in...s_id/40952/TR6
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                    Dude, I thought we covered this last week?
                    go here...
                    http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/TB-PCV.htm

I did not invent this stuff...it is all things that I have learned here...regarding the fbody powerdyne install and general v6 fbody mods that are working on my car right now that keeps up with a '67 383 Formula S Barracuda.

You can do the 'drill holes in your tb to vent" method if you want.

you can do shirls earlier recomendation and route the actual PCV valve back into your system...rather than venting to atmosphere,

or you can simply use the valve cover breather method.
                    Either way...you have to plug the pcv hole in the TB or you will be sending up to 6psi into the crankcase...and then the fun will realy start.
                    the valve cover breather is just a band-aid.

the "drill holes method" is the proper way, but not for the reasons that that website lists. they've got the operation of our pcv system backwards. however, the method is correct. although i wouldn't leave the holes unfiltered. anyway. this thread was about that bypass, not about the pcv system.

since you've purchased the thing already...ooops, paid too much, but you'll need it to recirc the pressurized air back into the supercharger inlet. as for your pcv, it will need to be plugged in the tb, and opened to filtered air somewhere after the plug, but before the passage goes into the crankcase.

Comment

We are not sure what this thread is about. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

Breather not band-aid. It is just an alternate system than the one you prefer. Perhaps not as environmentaly friendly as re-routing, though.

Anyway, blackbird98, It seems like a lot of stuff to consider and do before and in addition to actually installing the blower but they are important things that make the change to FI safer and better performing.
                      01 Firebird A4 3.42
                      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                      and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                        Breather not band-aid. It is just an alternate system than the one you prefer. Perhaps not as environmentaly friendly as re-routing, though.
                        this is from another post of mine, in a thread debating the pcv/breather.

installing a breather filter on the oil neck is insufficient. it will only allow for vapors to be cleaned from the passengers side valve cover and head. for maximum efficiency, using the pcv system in a stock manner will allow the engine to be more efficient over time, for a longer time. Oil vapors/exhaust vapors will be forming a sludge in the drivers side valve cover/head if only a single breather is used. you may try installing another breather in your driver's side valve cover. i don't know how well this would work, because inlet for the pcv is in the passengers side head, and it may not pull the air through the entire engine since the passenger's side valve cover is so close and free flowing.
                        if you can get a set of upper & lower intake manifolds, and TB, you'll see what i'm explaining. the breather IS a bandaid.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about sludge on drivers side and stuff, but, basically, the lower crank case is not sealed off from either side of the lower cylinders. blow by gasses travel from side to side as does oil. otherwise there would be two pcv valves...one per side. the passenger side valve cover breather is still the point of least pressure...all interior gasses with a positive presure as compared to atmosphere will make there way there to escape.

The different methods for PCV routing have been discussed here many times. All such relating threads seem always to lead to a solid split amongst us. No big deal I think. There are heavy hittin very advanced FI pros here that dissagree as to their method of choice but I have yet to read that a FI veteran has changed their mind on the issue due to trouble with any particular method.
                          I feel comfortable letting new S/C people know that they need to do SOMETHING about the PCV...but not comfortable with telling someone when I don't know their skill level to drill holes in TB, etc. OOPS.
                          01 Firebird A4 3.42
                          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                          and other mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X