Powerdyne Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdyne Maintenance

Is there any maintenance that needs to be done with the powerdyne kit?

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: Superv6bird ]</p>
    1997 Supercharged Firebird<br />14.01@99.7mph 2.1 60ft.

Every 30,000 miles I believe powerdyne wants you to remove the headunit and send it off to be cleaned and have the oil changed in it.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

They told me its maintainance free. Unless you run it hard then the belt would have to be changed every 60,000 miles. They didn't say anything to me about the oil.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

dominic is right.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
          They told me its maintainance free. Unless you run it hard then the belt would have to be changed every 60,000 miles. They didn't say anything to me about the oil.<hr></blockquote>

Well 2 years ago they told me 30,000 for the belt (i've got the snippet in email). The part about changing the oil was simply relubing the turbine and bearing races. They might have extended it to 60,000 now - either way its a good unit from what I can tell.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
            Unless you run it hard <hr></blockquote>

lol, we are talking about an effing supercharger here, you do realize this?!?!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
              Every 30,000 miles I believe powerdyne wants you to... have the oil changed in it.<hr></blockquote>

PD is factory lubricated for life.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
                lol, we are talking about an effing supercharger here, you do realize this?!?!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                <hr></blockquote>

And the best part is that Evan says "effing" in real life... lol
                Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Can anyone verify if you need to send your supercharger away or not every 30k?
                  Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JAM:
                    Can anyone verify if you need to send your supercharger away or not every 30k? <hr></blockquote>

I sent it once in Jan., 2000 and didn't receive it till late Feb. of the same year. Since mine was polish and it was making all that confounded noise, I though my PD was shoot. (Polish seems to be problematic back then)

But it was fine, it was my idler pulley that was shoot. I couldn't believe a little thing like that could make so much noise. Switch back to stock idler and still am using it with the PD.

Yeah the PD is pretty reliable but in any case I have a sense of security since it got its belt change and relubricated. And I paid $300

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X