Has any got the rk sport superchager b4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any got the rk sport superchager b4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any got the rk sport superchager b4

I was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten the rk sport supercharger here.. or known of someone.. how does it work did you notice a big difference...

also a while back ago i heard that it was not going to be made anymore is that true.. because they still have it on there site as if you can order it...

well please let me know
    thank u
    chuck [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

The kit was designed by Vector perfomance a hotrod shop in cali that is no longer in business.

They were resold through rksport and now ftforce.

Unless rksport starts remaking the kit whatever is left in stock is all there is.

I have one for sale that i have not used if you are interested in saving some cash.

Comment

You can get the supercharger from Powerdyne. They're located here in California. They (or whoever) have redesigned the head unit, so it supposedly will last longer now. I have one currently on my car, and I love it. I think the whole kit goes for about $3500

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Jana ]</p>
      Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

thanks guys... thats a help..knowledgefreak how much would you sell it for.. let me know
        thankx
        chuck :eek:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chuck97Camaro:
          thanks guys... thats a help..knowledgefreak how much would you sell it for.. let me know
          thankx
          chuck :eek:
          <hr></blockquote>

there is a guy in houston that i know that is selling one as well...post about it in the sick sixx forum im sure he'll respond. BTW what part of town are you from?

EDIT: heres the link http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=19&t=000092

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: hawgs ]</p>

Comment

2300 shipped
            brand new internals, reworked blower

you can NOT get a v6 kit from powerdyne, the blower propeller is reversed specifically for the v6 fbody and the kit for mounting was designed by vector performance NOT powerdyne. THEY DO NOT have a blower "INSTALL KIT" for the v6 camaro. They do have a *new* gear driven blower that is out however, no install kit for the v6 fbody designed.

Remember the blower mounts backwards on our cars and therefore the veins/impellar are mounted backwards so that they turn in the correct direction.

Jana where are you getting your information from? i know you have a blower but why dont you already know what im posting here?

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: knowledgefreak ]</p>

Comment

You can get the kit from RK Sport, but Powerdyne does sell head units which are designed for the 3.8L V6. When my blower seized, we called up Powerdyne, and they sold us a replacement. It was the same headunit, but redesigned to be more reliable. We bought the Intall Kit used, so we didn't need to replace any of that. I assumed that since Powerdyne does sell the head units, they would have the kit too. Guess I was wrong about the kit, but you can get the head unit from Powerdyne.

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Jana ]</p>
              Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

hawgs

i live around westimmer

Comment

really? we are always out on westheimer on saturday nights. check the sick sixx board and lets meet up sometime

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: hawgs ]</p>

Comment

ok..... i will... where do yall meet most of the time

Comment

most of the time we eat dinner at hooters on gessner and westheimer and usually go up to post oak or down to taco cabana just kinda cruise around

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X