More questions for you Supercharged and Turbo'd F-body guys and gals(on my sup. 93 ) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More questions for you Supercharged and Turbo'd F-body guys and gals(on my sup. 93 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More questions for you Supercharged and Turbo'd F-body guys and gals(on my sup. 93 )

Okay, here it is.

I've got the AFPR on (thanks tiago) I've put a new gasket on the Pass. side header, went through the vacuum lines, removed the egr (its laying plugged in next to the computer still) and i still have a problem somewhere.

After my initial start up the car will run great. I'll back outta my drive way and ignite the rear, but then i get down the road less than a min. away and the car starts getting sluggish. I'm not sure why though. I've traced the vacuum lines to the best of my sight, and found a lil spot which i repaired right off the bat. I even thought it about the ignition system. I remembered that when i burnt up one of my plug wires it ran and sounded the same way...just before the wire died completely.

I'm just not sure what it is, or what is causing it. I just know that its irritating to not have it up and running 100%.

I'm also wondering what you guys are running plug wise? what gap and step plug are you running? I suppose i could have a bad plug....or maybe my O2 sensor is wacked out due to me trying to dial in the correct Fuel Pressure. Or how about the map sensor on my air plenum? Could it be bad, and if so wonder what it'd do? I just don't know.

Any help or suggestions on this is greatly appreciated. I wanna get this car on the road for the april event, and cost is not an issue, as long as its running 100%. Thanks again, Nick
    93 Vortech Supercharged and Water to Air Aftercooled 3.4L A4 Camaro.<p>With fully blueprinted WRP 3.4L V6, 4L60E with reverse pattern manual valve body, MSD DIS 4, Accell coil packs, accell 8.8mm wires, Holley adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Autometer Guages(trans temp, water temp, boost, pyrometer, A/F ratio....and a few others to come). Complete headers back exhaust system, adapted Edelbrock 3 point strut tower brace, 1 piece driveshaft, 01 TA wheels, 97 rear w/3.42\'s(3.73\'s on the way), disks, and posi. Rksport Ca-100 ground effects, Superwing, and Hammond louvers. Numerous other goodies to go.... and yes they go.<p>items on the \"to install list\" 24lb injectors, aftermarket Front and rear sway bar, Custom sub frame connectors, driveshaft safety loop, and boxed in trailing arms.<br /> Catch me next season if your in Ohio, or adjacent states.

After it becomes sluggish, and you shut the car off does it get okay if you start her right back up, or do you have to go play with the vac lines again?
    I had murder with my vac lines and the turbo. I had to literally zip-tie all of the connections so they were tight and wouldn't leak/blow off. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    How do your plugs look after this? Do your wires get close to your manifold? hhhhhmmmmmm....
    Chance<br />1999 Grand Prix GTP<br />*stock*<br />1993 Camaro<br />Custom intercooled turbo, BMR suspension, huge stereo, appearance mods......<br />and now most is FOR SALE! :p)

Comment

when it gets sluggish, does it start blowing out black smoke? any codes?

I run ngk tr6 plugs gapped at .035 they are specific for forced induction, a heat range colder, you should be running something similar.

Comment

Thank God!!!!!!!!!! I figured out my problem. All along it was the catalytic converter. I had originally put on a shell(hollowed out cat). but before i added the supercharger, i put a real cat. back on. I completely forgot about it. Here all my problems were from it. The honey comb busted up inside and twisted itself side ways. Creating enough backpressure that i melted down the EGR, then blew the header gasket, along with the Y-pipe gaskets, and ect. ect. I pulled it off though, then dug the old shell outta the garage and put it on. I can't believe the difference it made. HUGE I MEAN HUGE. i freed up all that back pressure now the lil rat is moving. I think i let an extra 75 outta the car.no joke. I guess i'll find out in April in Maryland. Thanks again guys, Nick [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        93 Vortech Supercharged and Water to Air Aftercooled 3.4L A4 Camaro.<p>With fully blueprinted WRP 3.4L V6, 4L60E with reverse pattern manual valve body, MSD DIS 4, Accell coil packs, accell 8.8mm wires, Holley adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Autometer Guages(trans temp, water temp, boost, pyrometer, A/F ratio....and a few others to come). Complete headers back exhaust system, adapted Edelbrock 3 point strut tower brace, 1 piece driveshaft, 01 TA wheels, 97 rear w/3.42\'s(3.73\'s on the way), disks, and posi. Rksport Ca-100 ground effects, Superwing, and Hammond louvers. Numerous other goodies to go.... and yes they go.<p>items on the \"to install list\" 24lb injectors, aftermarket Front and rear sway bar, Custom sub frame connectors, driveshaft safety loop, and boxed in trailing arms.<br /> Catch me next season if your in Ohio, or adjacent states.

Comment

AWESOME!!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X