water injectors as intercoolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water injectors as intercoolers

I'm really serious about putting one this year but was wondering if I could get more info. from you guys. What are the pros and what are the cons? [img]smile.gif[/img]

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

I just did some reasearch on this

You don't want just water

You want alcohol

Don't believe me?

http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/alcohol.html
    How much boost can I run on Alcohol?

It depends on what octane fuel you plan on using with what chip timing. I am using 91-92 octane premium pump gas with Jay Carters 93 octane chip and 91% isopropyl alcohol. I can safely obtain 21-22 psi boost. Without the injection setup I get knock as low as 13 psi! 93.5-100 octane you could probably use a race chip with 21-22 psi boost. Others have successfully done it. 93.5-94 octane and using 93.5 chip will give you all the boost you want -- mid to high 20's.

Those GN guys are full of useful information.
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

I saw that on another website and it really struck my interest. I'm printing that site that you gave me though and keep it with my car files. I'll probably be running just water and if I do race it would be alcohol.

Since there is no intercoolers for PD I thought that water injectors would be the best thing. Any idea how much this would cost though?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

links at the very bottom

anywhere from about 250-850

and I definitely *definitely* recommend running alcohol

www.turbobuick.com read around the alky/nitrous section (they rarely discuss nitrous actually, hehe)
        2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Nitrous is very effective for cooling pressurized air. Alcohol, from experiance works VERY well!! If your concerned about the price of running the alky, just remember, most kits only come on when a certain psi is reached, which means the alky starts flowing at 10 psi. You won't be in boost during 75% of your driving anyway. Typically, you will go through about a quart bottle of alky once a week and they only cost a whopping 99 cents CHEAP INSURANCE to keep that nasty detonation away

Tom
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for a great article. It's very interesting, I just printed out now and it's great. I'm gonna keep this in mind when i'm doing my twin turbo project.

Ted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X