I need to talk to someone who HAS a powerdyne unit... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to talk to someone who HAS a powerdyne unit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to talk to someone who HAS a powerdyne unit...

Ok, i just got mine in the mail. I have a 2000 v6 so i know i need to make a new pipe or two, but no biggie. My question is, how safe is it to run the 9lb pulley? For day driving and what not. And if its not good, how hard is it to put the 9lb pulley on, for when im at the drag. Also, i saw it advertized as +95 RWHP, is this correct with the 6lb pulley? or were they refering to the 9? Thanks in advance. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: camaro_zach ]</p>

Oh, and can i get an intercooler for this unit? I know it would be an air to water intercooler, but if any one knows of this model number or any info would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Whats this i hear about the belt slipping? Is there a fix for this yet? And what can i do to help this problem not be so bad?

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: camaro_zach ]</p>

Comment

I think Spearco makes intercoolers, but they may have to adapt it to your application. Carroll Supercharging does water injection, but they are over here in New Jersey. As for the 9lb pulley, it will probably slip. I lost a lot of boost with it.. so much that I saw 3psi with it.. then took it off and put the 6lb pulley back. Figure 10hp per psi of boost.. so 6lb pulley would be about 60 hp and 9lb would be about 90hp (if you can keep it from slipping). You'll have to tighten the hell out of the belt which will in turn put excessive stress and wear on the other accessories. Which pipe do you have to make for the kit to get it to fit?? intake?
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

shirl, not positive, im gonna find out next week when i get a chance to install it. A friend that works at RKSport had one on his 2000 v6, so hes gonna walk me through it.

Comment

also shril, how do you fair against z28's and ss's running just the 6lb blower? not the nos.

Comment

also shril, how do you fair against z28's and ss's running just the 6lb blower? not the nos.

Depends on what year they are.. A blown 6 and an LT1 are evenly matched and it will depend on the driver. If you run against an LS1 you'll probably lose unless they don't know how to drive. The 1st LS1 I ran against only ran a 13.8 commpared to my 13.9 .. but that is bad driving on his part. You should be able to get low 14's from your car with 6psi. Do you have any other mods?
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Can a jet chip stage II be used with that supercharger? Also do other modifications, such as headers and exhaust, help when having a supercharger? I just bought one and wanted to know. Thanks.
              99 3.8L Pewter Firebird M5, RK Sport Headers, 3 inch Dynomax exhaust, High flow cat, SLP Cold air induction, K&N filter, royal purple synthetic oil, 180* t-stat

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99v6pwr:
                Can a jet chip stage II be used with that supercharger? <hr></blockquote>

No No No...you dont want to run a chip and a SC with your setup. The headers, high flow kitty and exhaust would be a good idea.
                If you were to run the chip and the SC, you will see all KINDS of KR, as well as the devil to your engine, Mr. Detonation.
                The chip will advance your timing, which will allow for detonation to become more present. You can control the detonation through the use of the TRC-1 control module, but the more that you turn up teh timing retard, the less power that you will see. :(

Comment

The Cardinal did a calculation with the 6 lbs pulley and he came out with 280 hp with just that. With other mod you would make a synergistic gain.

I went up against an LS1 that is not ram air and did pretty good with just my 6lbs and Borla.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

200hp for stock
                    284 with 6psi

But, I dont know how much hp it will take to DRIVE the super... so you'd need to subtract some hp off that 284 to get the final net hp. Multiply by 0.8 to get an approx rwhp figure (worst case).
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X