98 Powerdyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Powerdyne

Why is it that there is a powerdyne supercharger on RKsport for the 95-97 3.8 but not the 98? I didn't think anything really changed from 97 to 98. Would the 97 s/c fit on a 98?
    1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

LOTS changed from 97 to 98....damn near the entire front end of the car is different, and the intake is not at an angle like it is in the earlier models....

Run a search, theres lots of info about it out there in the harddrives....

Comment

I recently asked via e-mail, the folks at RK Sport to see if their kit for 3.8L was addaptable to 98 and up. They said no, but try back in six months or so.
      180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

RKSport doesn't make that supercharger, and they don't know jack about it. It was made by a company called Vector out in California. RK is just the middleman, they resell it for Vector.

THE GOOD NEWS: Yes, the intake on 98+ cars is quite different than 97's and earlier; however that kit can be adapted to any car 98-02 with a little minor modification. Not just my opinion, I got to see Joe Palermo's 00 Camaro with a Powerdyne blower at Orlando Speed World last year. He said it cost him $500 for the install, and that included the cost of James from Vector flying out here to Florida to do the install personally.

THE BAD NEWS: Vector is out of business, and there is some dispute over whether RK even HAS any more of the Powerdyne kits. Certainly they won't be getting any MORE. You might be able to find a used kit in the classifieds.

THE GOOD NEWS: Stefan, Batman, and some of the other guys are working on what promises to be a much better supercharger setup for our cars. Check under the entry labeled Procharger 2.0.

Rik

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Rik ]</p>

Comment

More news. I just heard back from FT Force about their Powerdyne kit. I know it's the same kit, both produced by Powerdyne, even though if you look closely, you will find RK Sport and FT Force both sell them under similar, but diffent part numbers. In any event, FT Force told me that RK Sport was developing one now. Maybe it would make sense to wait or maybe it may make sense to buy parts directly from Powerdyne and build it up myself. I want to run with the 9lb pulley and I believe I should use an intercooler with that much boost. I plan to ask them soon.
          180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X