3.4 turbo?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 turbo?!?

what all would be envolved in adding turbo on a 3.4. and this may seem like a very stupid question, but is it possible with a carb setup? thanx..

mike (loomdog)

i dunno if u can change a 3.4 over to carb and even if u could find a way y? it would be easier to just stick with the sfi.

just my .02 hope it helps some

Comment

I looked at your profile, I see that you do have a carbed motor. Your conversion to a 3.4 w/carb is the first I've heard. you might be better off with a supercharger setup. There might be one for the 2.8 blazers out there. Although the most funnest part of either one will be a carb adator.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

now that i thunk about it, try www.turbobuick.com or some other sites that deal with carbed turbo applications. (duh [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] )
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

ill look into the buick site.. the only reason im using the carb is cali smog. i can drop in the 3.4 and pass it as the stock 2.8, but ill have to keep the carb for that to work (avoid a $300 recertification fee). i would much rather perfer the sfi or earlier mpfi setup (a little more power, less cold start problems). my goal is to have a 300 rwhp [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] cali smog legal [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] v6 :D .

mike (loomdog)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X