how much does this add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much does this add

i plan on getting a Powerdyne 6psi supercharger. I had my car dyno tuned already, i have throttle body spacer, performance cat converter, custom catback exhaust. Do I need to redo the dyno tune when i install the SC on and how much would you think this will add to my car. I have a 1997 camaro 3.8 series II

I would get it tuned again. Try a search in this forum and see what you can find.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

you don't have to re tune when you add the sc. there will be very little for them to tune as you will be using an FMU. this changes the fuel flow by raising the fuel pressure as positive boost rises. you can't tune that.

if you change to larger injectors in order to remove the fmu then tuning will be mandatory... changing injectors or going beyond 6psi is a whole different enchilada.

6 psi boost = 60hp to the wheels = different car entirely. :D
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

i forgot to mention. Will 6psi be harmful to my motor in anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Info:
          Read the sticky at the top of the forum. ;)

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=4;t=002431
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

It will be more than 10hp/#boost
            [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

At the wheels 10hp per # of boost is not that low of an estimate for the powerdyne. Also you should not have to re-dyno the car, it should run fine as long as you hooked up the FMU correctly.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Info:
                the increased HP from the super charger will add stress to the engine. goes with out saying.

now that you have read all the sticky posts in this forum you know that the L36 has a very strong crank and is generaly a very well built motor. it handles low and medium boost just fine when properly installed. part of that means thinking of this project as 'converting your engine to forced induction' from it's original design as a naturaly aspirated engine.

synthetic motor oil is a very good thing as are fequent oil changes. stuff like that.

my car is a daily driver.

horror stories you hear about 'some dude put a turbo on his honda and killed the engine'...first thing to ask is, "what did he do to manage the new fuel requirements?" he will say... "what?"
                and that shows ignorance is to be avoided.

you will be fine at 6psi....as long as you read up and are profesional about the project.
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods
                Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X