Just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering

If I woulda stuck to my Firebirds plan of SC + Juice + abbot racing heads. What would I need to run all of those mods safely? I was thinking fuel pump and injectors. Would I need anything else?
    Will do anything for an LS1

Originally posted by OneV6ToTry:
    If I woulda stuck to my Firebirds plan of SC + Juice + abbot racing heads. What would I need to run all of those mods safely? I was thinking fuel pump and injectors. Would I need anything else?
    tunning and TR6 plugs, full exhaust or a cut out
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

if you want to tune once then that would be dyno tuning.

since you are moving beyond a 'normal' kit if you want to 'keep up with any changes' to your system then...
      HPTuners with enhanced I/O cable $675
      Wide band O2 sensor starting at $250
      portable computer... ?

you also have a 2000 model year. that means moddig the fuel rail (about 4mm shorter) to take new injectors. if you want the most options then you will need to modify the injector harness over to bosch style connectors. racetronix also sells a mini multec2 injector that is rated at 42#. for these you can keep your harness as is but the fuel rail height will still need to be shortened. (i am thinking about the last option for myself.)

if you have a m5 tranny then figure that into the cost as well because they don't handle modded power very well.

either way with those types of opened ended mods you detailed i think a wideband o2 sensor would be a must even if you don't plan on tuning it yourself. you want the engine to live long enough to get you to the dyno....
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X