ATI Procharger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Procharger....

I'm considering pulling a superout of a lincoln navigator that has a blown engine, and see about working it into my 3.4... Anyone attempt this before? Should be interesting to say the least. But its either this or turbo....
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

you found a navigator with a ATI procharger kit on it? Interesting.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It was aftermarket of course. But yes he has a ATI procharger in it, but this will be the 4th engine he has blown in it now, because he is too stupid to realize when you pump that much extra air into your engine, you need to balance it with proper fuel!

Comment

before you buy that kit perhaps some serious research on SC a 3.4. I have heard there is a kit out there for that motor. nobody hear has one I believe. you would be all on your own. we can teach you the basics but as far as mounting that sucker you would have quite a mission.

save some money and get a turbo kit might be less of a headache. I think dude makes 3.4 turbo kits.

both for that ATI and a turbo you would still need to tap the oil pan, fmu, etc.

yea, maybe just do your friend a favor and teach him what an FMU is.
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods
        Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
          before you buy that kit perhaps some serious research on SC a 3.4. I have heard there is a kit out there for that motor. nobody hear has one I believe. you would be all on your own. we can teach you the basics but as far as mounting that sucker you would have quite a mission.

save some money and get a turbo kit might be less of a headache. I think dude makes 3.4 turbo kits.

both for that ATI and a turbo you would still need to tap the oil pan, fmu, etc.

yea, maybe just do your friend a favor and teach him what an FMU is.
          Lol can't he lost the thing, just so happens I know the owner of the shop who now owns his navi.. He called me and asked me if I wanted the charger off it, cause he saw me drooling over it the 2nd and 3rd times it was in the shop. Ya I don't know a ton about supers or turbos, kinda something I starting to get into. I was told to pickup a book called Maximum Boost my Corky Bell, I plan on doing so and reading that through front to back.

Figure it would be quiet the job, being there isn't a kit for it, so alot of it would be custom fabrication also, thankfully there are alot of machine shops around here, so prices arn't too bad either. I was talking to a guy about a new turbo setup kit for our 3.4s also.

Comment

I say buy it. Then contact www.machperformance.com

They maybe able to help fabricate brackets for it. They already have the ATI kit(different model) for the 3.4 engine.

What kind of an ATI is it?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
              I say buy it. Then contact www.machperformance.com

They maybe able to help fabricate brackets for it. They already have the ATI kit(different model) for the 3.4 engine.

What kind of an ATI is it?
              I thought they only had one for the 3.8l? I am not aware of a 3.4 version by them.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

No ATI doesn't make a kit for the 3.4L at all... I'll take a look maybe some of the parts will be able to be used though. Thanks. I think its a P1SC but I'm not certain.

Comment

Have you called them?

Back then they have beta-testers for both 3.8 and 3.4.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                    Have you called them?

Back then they have beta-testers for both 3.8 and 3.4.
                    That wouldn't be a bad idea...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X