eBay turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay turbo

For this kit to work right you will need to move the passenger side O2 forward so it can actually read the full bank to work.

Originally posted by Turbodude View Post
    For this kit to work right you will need to move the passenger side O2 forward so it can actually read the full bank to work.
    You could but using a wideband O2 is the main O2 to use, it still works where it’s at. My fuel trims are still good. And it still fits alright. I only tune off the wideband. But would be a easy fix to plug the O2 bung and move it up stream. Maybe if I ever have mine apart again I’d move it. But it works fine as it is.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-17-2023, 11:44 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looked at it today, looks like you could move it just before the Vband, straight up and it shouldn’t get in the way.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

You could but using a wideband O2 is the main O2 to use, it still works where it’s at. My fuel trims are still good. And it still fits alright. I only tune off the wideband. But would be a easy fix to plug the O2 bung and move it up stream. Maybe if I ever have mine apart again I’d move it. But it works fine as it is.
        It works like doo doo where it is as you only read 1 of 3 cylinders I tried to tune it were it was and it was awful do not recommend it at all.

Comment

Looked at it today, looks like you could move it just before the Vband, straight up and it shouldn’t get in the way.
          That is where I moved mine and it actually works fine there. When using the factory O2s you have to use them to tune them in correctly. Using the wideband for CL operations lead to some odd things. Factory O2s for CL wideband for OL.

Comment

Yeah, don’t use the stock O2s , only the wideband, works fine for me, I’ll still look at the short and long fuel trims keep them in -2 to 2.

Comment

Yeah, don’t use the stock O2s , only the wideband, works fine for me, I’ll still look at the short and long fuel trims keep them in -2 to 2.
              Running the factory O2s is a much better choice then just a wideband as OL cars are kinda doo doo as we dont have enough tables to make it better. My car runs and drives like stock till boost hits and it. An comp for weather conditions, fuel, etc. Life is good.

Comment

I’ve been tuning my 3.8 since 2002, and still the main O2 to use is a wideband O2, been supercharged, then nitrous and then turbocharged, You can’t tune a vehicle with just the stock O2’s. Need a wideband to tune , Using Hptuners to try and tune off of stock 02’s would of blown up my engine long ago. Don’t have the functions in Hptuners, just have to watch the wideband and see how close you are. My tables on fuel and timing are setup for N/A until I hit boost at 2500 rpm’s, then it’s just PE and timing to adjust. Works great.I usually have 2 tunes, one for summer and one for winter, works the best. Since summer gets as high as 105 degrees and winter gets as low as 18 degrees.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 02-20-2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I’ve been tuning my 3.8 since 2002, and still the main O2 to use is a wideband O2, been supercharged, then nitrous and then turbocharged, You can’t tune a vehicle with just the stock O2’s. Need a wideband to tune , Using Hptuners to try and tune off of stock 02’s would of blown up my engine long ago. Don’t have the functions in Hptuners, just have to watch the wideband and see how close you are. My tables on fuel and timing are setup for N/A until I hit boost at 2500 rpm’s, then it’s just PE and timing to adjust. Works great.I usually have 2 tunes, one for summer and one for winter, works the best. Since summer gets as high as 105 degrees and winter gets as low as 18 degrees.
                  I have been tuning a long while as well. Use the O2s for CL tuning and wideband for wot. That makes the car the happiest. I have tuned a few turbo 3800 and sc 3800s.

Comment

Different people tune different ways , tune it the way you want it. I remember back to 2005 where guys deleted their stock O2s and tuned by maf and wideband only and it worked. So different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Different people tune different ways , tune it the way you want it. I remember back to 2005 where guys deleted their stock O2s and tuned by maf and wideband only and it worked. So different strokes for different folks.
                      I have helped too many that deleted there stock O2s and it ends up being a mess. I have found that when you keep the stock O2's and try to tune over them, basically, with the wideband the fuel trims can be off. So best practice is keep the O2s and use them to tune and use the wideband for wot. I don't like to keep a laptop with me at all times and that is a way to ensure that. I pearch the best practice when ever possible. Like with these china headers. Move the O2 on the passenger side where it should be so it can actually do its job proper. I daily my turbo car on e85.

Comment

I use the wideband to tune for idle , part throttle and Wot, my wideband was .1 off the dyno wideband which is great. There’s many ways to tune.

Comment

Sorry OP, I’ll move and clean up your Thread . But you can move the passenger side O2 straight up near the Vband. Talked to my mechanic today and he’ll make a new O2 bung on mine aslong as he can fit his welder in there. So I’ll have to move some stuff around. $40 isn’t bad and you wouldn’t have to worry about the heater box as much.

Comment

Sorry OP, I’ll move and clean up your Thread . But you can move the passenger side O2 straight up near the Vband. Talked to my mechanic today and he’ll make a new O2 bung on mine aslong as he can fit his welder in there. So I’ll have to move some stuff around. $40 isn’t bad and you wouldn’t have to worry about the heater box as much.
                            its all good . all good information. I figured on moving the passenger O2, no biggie since I weld. Not sure yet what im gonna do for tune, my old dhp tuner still works but is a pita. HP tuners is easier but doesnt have as many parameters as the old dhp. Im considering a stand alone like megasquirt. This car isnt a daily driver so im not really worried about fuel economy. still gotta finish building the motor so i got time to think about what im gonna do for my tune.

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

its all good . all good information. I figured on moving the passenger O2, no biggie since I weld. Not sure yet what im gonna do for tune, my old dhp tuner still works but is a pita. HP tuners is easier but doesnt have as many parameters as the old dhp. Im considering a stand alone like megasquirt. This car isnt a daily driver so im not really worried about fuel economy. still gotta finish building the motor so i got time to think about what im gonna do for my tune.
                              Nice, good luck with it, There’s also Tiny Tuner never used it myself and don’t know if their still around. Mike, aka Letzride I think used it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X